Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

root canal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats it like, how much will it hurt and for how long... any other info? please and thanks.

Comments

• Options
    its not the nicest way to spend an afternoon, but if its necessary then its necessary, and youve just got to get it over and done with. They give you painkillers though - plenty of novocaine.
    Once theye done it, you shouldnt have any more pain because pain comes from the root - if they kill the root, then theres no more pain. the only pain afterwards would be possible bruising around the treated area, but that would be minimal.
  • Options
    thank you :) it totally went over my head that with the source of feeling gone that there wouldn't be much pain :p I know I can ask this tomorrow, but does anbody by chance know how long the procedure takes?
  • Options
    it depends on which tooth it is, and how big the root is and also depends on your dentist I think.
  • Options
    Ohhhh I had it done today. Well part of it anyways. It was so badly infected that they put some antibiotics in it and cotton and put a tempory filling on it and now I have to go back on the 16th for them to finish it. I had my jaw open as far as it would go for an hour and 15 minutes. I hurt sooo badly *whine whine whine* But I did get a perscription for Vicodin ;)
  • Options
    I'm in love with that shit *envious*
  • Options
    think about the lucky gentical buggers that have 4 canals then ;)
  • Options
    how many canals are you supposed to have?