Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Old info used to crank up The Fear.

As you will have seen there has been a terrorist alert in New York with banks and the NYSE having their security tightened.

This follows on from a raid in Pakistan where computer information was found.

Now it appears that this information causing the alert is 3 years old.

Could this be the boy who cried terrorist?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    More like the chimp who cried ''I'm going to lose the next election- do something!''...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    More like the chimp who cried ''I'm going to lose the next election- do something!''...

lol

To be fair, if I were a terrorist, I'd leave my laptop lying around with fake information on to be found. That'd work well wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Re: Old info used to crank up The Fear.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Now it appears that this information causing the alert is 3 years old.

Source?
  • Options

Thanks.

I heard on C4 news yesterday that the US had also known where this man was for a while too. Would have thought that such a "high profile" terrorist would have been apprehended before now...?
  • Options
    Well whats interesting about it is the man is African and apparently there arent many Africans living in the City where he lived. I heard one source on Radio Four saying that even if he wasnt a wanted terrorist he'd stand out like a sore thumb.