Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aquaban

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone tried it?
you're supposed to take it about 5days before you start your period to get rid of excess water caused by bloating.

i started taking it for the first time on wednesday and havent been feeling too good since then. then yesterday i threw up about 20-30times. coincidence?

Comments

• Options
    You're probably dehydrated.
  • Options
    i don't think i was until yesterday when i couldnt even sip water without throwing it up. i drink a lot of water normally.
  • Options
    Hmm not too sure why it's been making you throw up (if it is the cause) but I do know that over-the-counter diuretics (water pills) such as pamabrom [which is I believe contained in Aquaban] shouldn't be used for more than a few days in a row.

Diuretics are normally good for PMS and water retention caused by, so if they aren't working out for you it's probably best to stop taking that particular brand. If you're looking for tablets to prevent water retention then I recommend Waterfall tablets, which I know you can get from Superdrug and apparently are also sold in Asda. Alternatively, any other herbal diuretic (should be plenty in any Health Food shop) :) If it's the PMS, then I recommend Feminax.

Hope you feel better soon :)

PS. The best way to reduce water retention is to drink a consistent, medium-large amount of water. I know you said you do this already, so sounds like you're already sensible and know your stuff. Just thought I'd mention it...
  • Options
    there is a nasty throwy-up bug going around. could possibly be that?

my ex housemate brought it over from lancashire way, and has infected half of wakefield.
  • Options
    I tried them a few months back. I drink quite alot of water so round me time of month I do tend to get very bloated. I personally felt no different with them. And they never made me sick. So as someone has already said, you probably caught a bug.
  • Options
    hmm maybe it was a bug then.. its just i dont know anyone else who has been ill.
  • Options
    People can react to drugs in different ways.

Might be worth having a word with a pharmacist or GP to see if it's a possible side effect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    20-30 times? :confused: i hope you feel better hun!!
    yeah it was horrible :( even if i sipped water i'd just be sick. i lost about 5lbs because i was just so empty and couldnt eat! i do feel a bit better but im still not right yet.
  • Options
    Re: Aquaban
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yesterday i threw up about 20-30times.
    Nothing to do with the Aquaban, but I was sick like that once. Every time i moved, sipped water, turned over etc I was sick. It was so horrible. I think I was sick like 28 times or something. iIost weight from it, and had major stomach cramps. I felt like I'd been doing sit-ups all day. Poor you. :(
  • Options
    well i've just been to the doctors and it turns out i have gastrointeritus (sp?). so poor aquaban got the blame for a nasty rotar virus.

i might try those herbal versions of the aquaban that was suggested next time though.

thanks for the help everyone x