Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fifty-seven quid!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just opened my payslip... Is that all I get for 30 hours hard work last week, with stupidly early mornings and stupidly late nights???

And why the hell am I still getting taxed 22 bloody per cent?

sorry, really angry and not sober atm... :mad: :mad: :mad:

(gonna sort this tomorrow!)

Comments

• Options
    A bitch slap and ass whooping in order me thinks!!
  • Options
    I got paid 40 squids for 40 hours work the other week...I nearly walked out! I was so angry! Got it the week after tho! My boss said that the computer was fucked and it had happened to a few people, but I didn't hear anyone else moaning! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Is it a new job? maybe its emergency tax? I dunno but I'd be well annoyed.
  • Options
    Re: Fifty-seven quid!!!
    Originally posted by Rocks

as long as you can still afford to get pissed ...
  • Options
    Re: Fifty-seven quid!!!
    Just opened my payslip... Is that all I get for 30 hours hard work last week, with stupidly early mornings and stupidly late nights???

And why the hell am I still getting taxed 22 bloody per cent?

(gonna sort this tomorrow!)

Jooly the revenue goddess to the rescue...

Is it a new job? Is it your only job?

If it's a new job, or you don't have a P45 to give them, you need to complete a P46 to say it's your only job (tick statement b) if you have not already done so. Then ring the tax office with your National Insurance number and your employers HQ address and they will update your record and issue a nicer tax code while they wait for your pay and tax details to come in. Once the IR have your previous pay and tax details, they will issue a final tax code and any repayment due will be made through your wage packet.

If it's a secondary employment, these are generally taxed at 22%. You can split your tax code if you have surplus tax allowances left over from your main source, you need to contact the IR to do this.

Hope I helped.
  • Options
    Yeah I gave them the P46 - that's why I'm annoyed!

They only put me down for 18.5 hours last week, whereas I did 30 (thank God I keep a record). Will see them about it when I go in at 7am tomorrow morning :rolleyes:

PS My parents dropped off a few crates of beer for me, hence why I can afford to drink! Had a night out on £3 last week... that's how skint I am! (£1200 overdrawn...)
  • Options
    Happened to me before.... at least i got the money in the end.. bit of a struggle to get it though
  • Options
    I got paid £184 this week. Got taxed about 22 squid though. :(
  • Options
    Its not as bad as my last job though... got taxed £137 for just two weeks - will get it back in april.

I suppose it means at least i won't spend it...
  • Options
    Yeah I gave them the P46 - that's why I'm annoyed!

Have you had a tax code through from IR yet? If you haven't received one yet, then they won't either. Granted they shouldn't have taxed you at basic rate as you signed the P46 to say it was your only job, they should have used 474L X in the meantime.

Having said that, some employers are bastards and tax at basic rate to err on the side of caution til they have had the official word. Best thing to do would be ring the IR after u spoke to your employer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Joolyknockers
    Have you had a tax code through from IR yet? If you haven't received one yet, then they won't either. Granted they shouldn't have taxed you at basic rate as you signed the P46 to say it was your only job, they should have used 474L X in the meantime.

Having said that, some employers are bastards and tax at basic rate to err on the side of caution til they have had the official word. Best thing to do would be ring the IR after u spoke to your employer.

Yeah I think that's the way forward... if you want something done its better to do it yourself!
  • Options
    and some of us just got paid £2.50 an hour with no tax...
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    and some of us just got paid £2.50 an hour with no tax...
    Or £6...:p
  • Options
    some of us get paid for learning...
  • Options
    some of us get paid because they are on sick pay but wish they could work so they could earn more money :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    some of us get paid for learning...
    i hate all you ema kids. i really do.
  • Options
    Its a bloody joke, getting paid to attend lessons ffs and they say they dont have enough money for universities, how much are they wasting on this new scheme eh??? i'd really like to know!!!