Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mouth ulcers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can mouth ulcers be a symptom of an STI, such as herpes, caught through oral sex?

Comments

• Options
    Herpes transfers incredibly easily. It's possible for the virus to be pass from the mouth to the genital area through oral sex or by self-infection, for example the virus from an oral sore can be transferred on the finger to the down below.

If you think you have an STI, for whatever reason, you should go to your nearest GUM clinic as soon as possible.
  • Options
    I dont really know, I suppose it depends if theres alot of mouth ulcers??:confused: Like if theres just one or two ulcers, then it sounds unlikely.... but if there was loads, then it may be cos of an STD through oral sex.

I dont really know, sorry.
  • Options
    oral herpes tends to show as little blisters around the mouth, not actually in it.

although i suppose it's possible.

in any case, persistent mouth ulcers can be a sign of other things, like vitamin deficiency, so it's best to see a doctor.
  • Options
    it's not me it's a friend. . . there are quite a lot of mouth ulcers, on her gums and cheeks, but she's on anti-biotics at the mo so i thought it could have been something to do with that. She also just gave her boyf a first blow-job, and I suspect he has lied about getting an STI test and being clear, and may have given her something!
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    it's not me it's a friend. . . there are quite a lot of mouth ulcers, on her gums and cheeks, but she's on anti-biotics at the mo so i thought it could have been something to do with that. She also just gave her boyf a first blow-job, and I suspect he has lied about getting an STI test and being clear, and may have given her something!

Well as kaffrin pointed out, mouth ulcers can often be caused by Vitamin deficiencies, in particular B12 and (i think!?) Folic Acid. So she may want to look into that as a possible cause. Also stress and recent illness can cause mouth ulcers, as they're a sure sign that something in the body is out of sync.

It could be Herpes Simplex, but that's sounding less and less likely. If she's very worried then I suggest she sees her GP to get it sorted, as it's more than likely something that can be easily treated/cured :)
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that if she gave him the blowjob whilst she had the mouth ulcers then she'd be more likely to catch an STD if her boyfriend had one?

I was always told that you shouldn't give blowjobs when you can a sore throat or any form of mouth ulcer

:confused:
    probably not relevant but i thought i'd mention it anyway