Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blink 182 "Feeling This" Video

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone seen this yet?

If so i wanna ask a question about Tom. Why the hell does he do that thing with his arm that americam rappers do? Like what eminem does when he moves his arm up and down to the beat.

This is an MC and rapper thing, since when was it a pop punk thing?

Sorry im just confused about it, im probably too tired to realise what im typing too but thanks anyway :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Because he wants to? How can a movement be a thing only certain people do?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Because he wants to? How can a movement be a thing only certain people do?

Its not that its because you only see american rappers do it and those little 12 year old boys hanging out next to the local shop MCin thinking they are hard. I never seen anyone else do it.
  • Options
    im with Bee on this one....

Maybe he did it, cuz he is stinking rich and can do anything he wants in the videos to his "music" and doesnt care about whatever analysis people will make of his dodgy arm movements. lol.
  • Options
    Probably because he's a poseur. Much like the people he's supposedly copying it from, he thinks it makes him look cool...or something.

Anyway yeah, AlmightyBob said it already...he can do pretty much whatever he wants. I'm sure it doesn't stop him looking like a complete twat though (I can't comment personally, haven't seen the vid in question!) :D
  • Options
    It does seem kinda werid that hes started doing it but yeh hes rich and can do whatever he wants so let him.

By the way i wasnt complaining about it, i was just kinda shocked i suppose. They do act strangely different in this video, maybe its all an act i dunno.
  • Options
    Its only a music video.
  • Options
    alot more people than just the stupid rap people do it. especially at concerts. once i got forced against my will to go to a simple plan concert and they even did it there... just to show how common it is. it looks stupid but hey, whatever floats their boat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    alot more people than just the stupid rap people do it. especially at concerts. once i got forced against my will to go to a simple plan concert and they even did it there... just to show how common it is. it looks stupid but hey, whatever floats their boat.

Agreed. Plus i also think it helps to sing along to a beat because when i sing i find myself doing something to help me with the rythem be it moving my head, sholders, arm (in rare cases) and moving my leg in a weird way.

Its all just help i guess.