Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eek!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Ok, I don't know if anyone can help me, but I've done something to the PC unknowingly and I'm absolutely clueless as to what to do next!

I was just messing about with the scanner and trying to be a computer genius, when the screen went black and then when it came back on seconds later everything is spun round 90 degrees. Everything's horizontal, the task bar thingy is running down the left hand side and I'm not sure what to do about it. Tried right clicking the mouse and changing the Properties, but that just made everything smaller and then bigger.

Can I solve this easily myself or should I leave it til my other half gets back? He's much better with computers than me, and it is his...so if I break it I'm in for a bollocking!

(Before you ask, no I can't type sideways, I'm on my laptop!)

Any help for a computer dunce would be v. greatly appreciated! :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Eek!
    Originally posted by briggi
    the task bar thingy is running down the left hand side and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Click and hold the left mouse button on the task bar, and then drag it towards the middle and bottom of the screen. you should see an outline of a rectangular box at the bottom, then release the mouse button. This should put the task bar back into its correct place. :D

(that is assuming its only the task bar thats in the wrong place / wrong way round).

Tiny x
  • Options
    Re: Re: Eek!
    Originally posted by TinyTitch
    Click and hold the left mouse button on the task bar, and then drag it towards the middle and bottom of the screen. you should see an outline of a rectangular box at the bottom, then release the mouse button. This should put the task bar back into its correct place. :D

(that is assuming its only the task bar thats in the wrong place / wrong way round).

Tiny x

Cheers for the reply, but unfortunately it is more than the task bar as the whole screen and everything on it is horizontal. When I bugger things up, I don't do it by halves :lol:

:eek:
  • Options
    Theres a 'hacking for amatuers' program called sub7 that can do this, but I don't think it would look exactly how yours does. Hmmm :chin:. Someone did it to me once fooling around and it ended up with a screenshot on my screen 90 degrees rotated. I'm sure there will be a way to correct it. If you have an nVidia graphics card you can do this:

-right click the desktop
    -click 'analogue display'
    -select NV rotate menu from the left hand side
    -perform any adjustments from there
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Theres a 'hacking for amatuers' program called sub7 that can do this, but I don't think it would look exactly how yours does. Hmmm :chin:. Someone did it to me once fooling around and it ended up with a screenshot on my screen 90 degrees rotated. I'm sure there will be a way to correct it. If you have an nVidia graphics card you can do this:

-right click the desktop
    -click 'analogue display'
    -select NV rotate menu from the left hand side
    -perform any adjustments from there

Cheers mate, I did this and although there was nothing that said 'analogue display' I persevered and have managed to fix it. Hmm, maybe I should go into IT :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was in a friend's house ones, and he was using a program to make his sister's computer go crazy (they were on a network). The screen turned as you say, or there were weird "fatal error" messages, the cd trays opened and closed rapidly, the mouse moved on its own...
    Seeing that you solved your problem, I can say that without feeling guilty for it not being helpful :p