Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pen removal

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
on the windows (not the actual window but the plastic surrounds) the previous owners of this house have written something in black, permenant ink. i have tried alsorts to try and remove this (including bleach) but nothing is working. anyone got any old tricks up their sleeves on how i can remove permenant ink from plastic? it looks horrible and i have just decorated the room :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are stronger things you can use but they would likely corrode the plastic (ie: solvent based cleaning agents). You could always paint over it? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    There are stronger things you can use but they would likely corrode the plastic (ie: solvent based cleaning agents). You could always paint over it? :confused:

it would look really daft as it is a plastic window surround thing.

aaahh :banghead:
  • Options
    http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jsp?forum=16&thread=410203304&modified=1089649517142 results of a quick google search there. Maybe you could use a mild spirit to remove it and hope for the best?

ETA: just read through that whole thing and apparently a simple pencil eraser may work?
  • Options
    Warm turps or methalated spirit.
  • Options
    Buy some Elbow Grease. No, I'm not being funny. It's the dogs bollocks for getting rid of any stains, on plastic, fabrics, near enough anything. It will remove greae, wine, ink, pen marks, you name it. I use it all the time and it's worth it to keep a bottle or 2. We buy it in bulk for work but I'm work so I'm not awfully sure where you get it form. Think you might be able to get it form ASDA, Tesco, etc.

It's in a see through bottle with a neon yellow liquid inside and a red and white spray thing.

If you get some just spray it on what ever you need to use it on and leave it for a few minutes depending on what the stain is and then give it a scrub.

Try Turps or White Spirit first, it'll probaly get it off no hass.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Try Turps or White Spirit first, it'll probaly get it off no hass.

white spirit has almost got it off. with a bit of work i think it will come off though.

thanks for the replies guys :)
  • Options
    Maybe nail varnish remover?
  • Options
    Deodorant usually does the trick.