Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Collage Nightmare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I enrolled on this course @ the end of March this year.(the link is for the new course starting in August)

http://www.gloscat.ac.uk/Details.asp?PrimaryKey=14N2B0DLFDFYR/04

But after waiting 3 odd months the course tutor hasn't contacted me to arrange to actually start the course.

I've just checked the normal class based version of this course & it starts in Sept & is run @ my home town campus instead of the one 9miles away:

http://www.gloscat.ac.uk/Details.asp?PrimaryKey=14N2P0CLASFYR/04

I prefer to do the Open Learning version of the course as I can do this @ home on my own. Rather than me having to go to collage & having to start the whole acceptance thing & making new friends as this was the reason why I left 6th form due to being lonely & having no buddies. Also, I hate being in classes with lots of other people:nervous: so the Open Learning version sounds the perfect one for me.

I'm going to e-mail the student services place at the collage to see if they can give me the e-mail address to the Open Learning course tutor who i know the name of & i'll also pour my heart out & tell them the full story as i've got to the stage where I just want to sort this course out & get my teeth into the work.

Then I can get a job to get experience of how the course contents translates into the really world. The reason i've not searched/applied for jobs is because I don't want to lie & say that i'm currently doing the AAT when i'm strictly not actually. As lying is a very bad first impression.

I don't really know the reason for this thread but I suppose i'm looking for support as in i'm making the right decisions based on what i've written above.

I'll tell you how I get on tomorrow:)

Chris
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello mate,

I cant guide you exactly on what you should do because it is your decision but i feel from your writing that you are worried about bonding with people within a class. Although it may appear daunting to meet new people as it always is, you may find that participating in a specific course subject you will find people who are into the same things as you. This will make it easier for you to bond as you will have alot more in common. Another advantage is you can work in groups and build contacts within the industry you wish to go into. Maybe speaking to a careers advisor could help you on your way if u havent already. But i do feel that working in a college does have major advantages to the way you define your study and friendships. Let me know what happens.

:D cheers