Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My laptop doesnt like games.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
because i hhave managed to cripple myself i decided to install some point and click games on my laptop. i had curse of monkey island so installed that. however after a few minutes of playing the laptop heats up and shuts off. thought it was the game.

anyway today i bought a few cheap games, theme hospital, startopia and tropico. have onl tried the 1st so far but it more or less did the same thing. its weird. i think it might be something to do with the games running off cds. because half life and conter strike run fine [mostly, they overheat after a few hours] so i want to know if anything can be done to stop it screwing up. :)

i have attached my less than 6 months old laptops specs...

Comments

• Options
    i believe those games that dont work, are overusing ur cd drive, i think you got a laptop with poor build quiality, and its overheating and shutting down, are in a well ventilated room and the laptop on a flat solid surface,not a bed or anything
  • Options
    isn't monekey island a DOS game?
  • Options
    its justy on my desk the laptop. and nope this on is curse of monkey island. the laptop has a dvd playbcak mode. m,aybe if i use that.