Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Numb toe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a problem with my big toe. Its really numb. Well most of it is the underside of it. I thought nothing of it until i mentioned it to my aunt who says i should get it checked out at the doctors coz apparently it it can be a sign of diabetes!! She said that its probably not but that i should get it checked out anyway coz something can't be right. I've never heard of that symtom before. Has anybody else? Do you think its serious enough to go get it checked out? Or will i be told off by the doctor for wasting his/her time?

Thank you in advance

rushin:D

Comments

• Options
    Never heard of that symptom regarding Diabetes, but I do know that my dad three weeks ago started feeling numb in his leg and hands, and it tunred out that he's anaemic. Needed 5 portions of blood, and B12 injections once a day during a week or so.

It's just a toe, but still...
  • Options
    Yes, it is a sign of diabetes though it wouldn't be one of the first signs and it wouldn't be the only one.
  • Options
    ^right,get it checked out,people who have diabetes lose feeling in there legs/fet/arms/hands.people with diabetes are not supposed to walk around bare foot as they might not know if they cut thier foot or something
  • Options
    You could always call NHS Direct:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47
  • Options
    Go and see the GP.

You may have problems with your circulation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    ^right,get it checked out,people who have diabetes lose feeling in there legs/fet/arms/hands.people with diabetes are not supposed to walk around bare foot as they might not know if they cut thier foot or something

That I believe, is in extreme cases.
  • Options
    right i think i might go get it checked out at some point, i'm sure that since its just my toe it can't be that bad so i'll try n get an appointment. thanks for your help

rushin:D