Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO Guys and girls with lip piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where the hell do you work???

I just got me a full time job i wanted (yay me) and they said that they cant tell me what to do but it wont look professional and all that bollox.

Grrr sorry im just so annouyed about all these people thinking that a hole in your face changed a WHOLE person!!

So please guys and girls, where the hell do you work?

Thank you rant over :)

Comments

• Options
    I was a "master of custodial arts" term rightfully stolen from half baked (though I quit after 3 days and was then started my 11 month unemployment binge ;) I agree with you though on the whole a piercing can change bit. Especially if you work with people and stuff, sure there will be a couple that don't like it but I doubt they are going to say anything, and in fact from what I've seen most people (older and younger in age alot) think its cool and always give a compliment on it. I *hate* how most work places will not even allow facial piercings. At least you found a place where they said that they can't tell you what to do.
  • Options
    They said its not good for my career and gives a bad impression because i wont look professional.

Since when did a bit of metal change what i do at work ay? Wankers the lot fo them lol.
  • Options
    I havent got my lip pierced although Ive got my Eyebrow and tongue pierced. They said that to me when I started my job 2 years ago, that it didnt look very professional and really i should only wear one pair of earrings! but I didnt bother takin mine out cuz I wanted them in and as you said a few piercings doesnt change the way a person is.

Noone has even mentioned it to me to be fair but even if they did then I wouldnt take em out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    They said its not good for my career and gives a bad impression because i wont look professional.

Since when did a bit of metal change what i do at work ay? Wankers the lot fo them lol.
    why not just fork out a little more dosh for a wee clear plastic one? its gonna be harder to notice then
  • Options
    ^the risk of infection increases alot if the ring is removed before the piercing is fully healed. and a lip piercing infection hurts like a bitch. and a metal ring is much more easier to clean, as you can move it around to get the cleaning solution in the hole, where as the little stud all you can do is get it around the hole.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    ^the risk of infection increases alot if the ring is removed before the piercing is fully healed. and a lip piercing infection hurts like a bitch. and a metal ring is much more easier to clean, as you can move it around to get the cleaning solution in the hole, where as the little stud all you can do is get it around the hole.

didnt know it was newly pierced! but you could change it in a few weeks and just wear that for work.
  • Options
    No the thing is i havent got it pierced yet and i wanted to get it done this week. I might just work there for a little while and see what they say.

So where do people work with lip percings? Im curious
  • Options
    one of my best mates work in a bookshop and she has her lip, nose, medusa pierced. The nose they let her have a little stud, and for the lip and medusa she takes the balls off. Although she was already working there when she got them done and they do like her. To start with she wore clear retainers i think.
  • Options
    I temp for big property agencies and chartered surveyors. I take mine out when i'm at work.
  • Options
    top lip piercing in the middle. directly above the bottom one. or at least i think its called a medusa.
  • Options
    I think music shops like hmv let you dont they?

Im quitting tesco and getting another part time job along with my full time job.
  • Options
    yeah i've seen people in music shops with piercings. oh and in bars too, where everything is a lot more casual i guess!!
  • Options
    When I move full time into my muso job later this year I'm really keen to "punk myself up" somewhat, I want to tint my hair blue (so it only shows depending on what direction light shines on it) and also perhaps a facial piercing (not sure where yet)

Never been able to do it in the past because of the corporate nature of my job.. can't wait!! :D
  • Options
    Nice to see so many people agree :)
  • Options
    Re: FAO Guys and girls with lip piercings
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Where the hell do you work???

I just got me a full time job i wanted (yay me) and they said that they cant tell me what to do but it wont look professional and all that bollox.

Grrr sorry im just so annouyed about all these people thinking that a hole in your face changed a WHOLE person!!

So please guys and girls, where the hell do you work?

Thank you rant over :)

i know... my ex girlfriend worked at a starbucks and they make employees cover up their tattoos on the job.. weird, i thought.. seems like a place that would embrace little things like that...

mmmm... tattoos and piercings... *drool*
  • Options
    A friend of mine has his lip and eyebrow pierced and tons of tattoos - he works in a hairdresser's in Soho.