Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

256 k broadband

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have it?

Just wondering if its worth it? Don't tell me to get anything more as we can't afford it...so

Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    *cough*computers*cough*

We have ti with Telewest, and it's prefectly good. Unless you're doing serious downloaduing you don't need much more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    *cough*computers*cough*

We have ti with Telewest, and it's prefectly good. Unless you're doing serious downloaduing you don't need much more.

Yeah i kinda picked the wrong door heh.

Thats the one i am on about telewest. Glad its good.
  • Options
    Yes... a 256would be fine, offers fast surfing and semi-fast downloading.. good choice for a budget:)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It would be fine for browsing pictures and such, and everyday tasks. The only time you would notice the difference between that and a "full" broadband connection would be if you were trying to download lots of big things at once.
  • Options
    you will be able to download up to 30 kb/s which is fine for normal internet usage.

you only really need a faster internet connection if you plan on doing a lot of big downloading, i.e movies and such.

256 kbp/s internet is fine for normal internet usage.