Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nail stain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had dark purple nail varnish on, took it off with nail varnish remover, im left with tinted nails.

any suggestions on ways to clean them up?im goin to a wedding on fri+id rather not have nasty nails+if i paint againt will only be a pale colour+tint might show through :s

Comments

• Options
    That always happens if you use dark nail varnish, it will fade quite quickly. Don't worry.
  • Options
    Re: nail stain
    Originally posted by freak
    Had dark purple nail varnish on, took it off with nail varnish remover, im left with tinted nails.

any suggestions on ways to clean them up?im goin to a wedding on fri+id rather not have nasty nails+if i paint againt will only be a pale colour+tint might show through :s

i think ive heard somewhere that rubbing a piece of lemon over your nails will remove any stains, but im not sure! whether it works or not, ul have lemony fresh fingers tho :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    That always happens if you use dark nail varnish

my black doesnt
  • Options
    thats why you should always use a base coat ;) but do you have any type of nail buffers? like I've got like an electric buffer/filer type thing, its hard to explain and all but they are quite common. and then you just file/buff/shine your nails once or twice and all the color stain is right off then.
  • Options
    ooo i know what u mean+think iv got 1. il try that :)

cheers for other suggestions btw
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    my black doesnt

My apologies, I should rephrase. Whenever I use dark nail varnish it stains.