Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coldsores / Oral sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone I was wondering if you could help me, excuse the sort of graphic details...

On Thursday I noticed what I thought was a blackhead on the side of my mouth - I squeezed it and what looked like the usual stuff came out, and I cleaned it and put some aloe vera gel on the area. I then went canoeing that day in a river, and the river water did come into contact with my face (Possible cause of infection?)

Over the next few days the area has stayed sore and has gone a bit scabby/slightly crusty... I'm wondering whether this is a cold sore? There was no 'crust' on Saturday night, when I gave my boyfriend oral sex, could this have trasmitted the herpes virus onto him, even without an open wound? I'm really worried and don't want to have given him herpes or anything disgusting like that. There isn't anything that looks like a blister there, just a bit of redness and a tiny crusty scab that keeps being rubbed off when I touch it. Someone please help me!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I'm not sure whether he already has the coldsore virus or not, but from the sounds of things he should be pretty safe because there was no nasty fluid coming out of it (if it is even a coldsore at all) I've only ever had one coldsore in my entire life, which was two years ago, at about the same time of year. Someone told me it may not have been a coldsore, just dried irritated cracked skin from the heat thats being irritated from where it is - it's right on the corner of my mouth.

Thanks for you help... I just hope he'll be ok!
  • Options
    Have a read of this factsheet to see if your symptoms coincide. It doesn't sound like cold sore to me, to be honest, but if it doesn't die down it may be worth checking it out with your GP.