Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Toes!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I woke up this morning (at a party) thinking OW MY BIG TOE HURTS...I looked at it and the a bit of the nail has split down the centre and it looks bloody and manky! How do nails...correct themselves?!! Will i need to trim and regrow it? Cause that'll hurt!!!!! And will the bloody and bruising bugger off?

:( Oweeee!

Comments

• Options
    Is the whole nail split?
    How'd you do that? Sounds sore :(
  • Options
    Hi,
    depending on how serious the nail is damaged, the split part is probably just going to grow out.
    If it's more serious though I'd get an appointment at your GP and ask him about it.
    In the worst case they'll have to "cut out" your toe-nail (sounds creepier than it actually is) so it can grow back properly.

But I'd wait and see, if the pain hasn't gone any better in a week or so and the split doesn't seem tio heal I'd go to a doc.
  • Options
    It'll probably heal on it's own, just make sure you keep it nice and clean and let some air get to it.
  • Options
    :( i hate toes! hittin your toes has got to be the worst feeling in the world
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Is the whole nail split?
    How'd you do that? Sounds sore :(

Well I have no idea how I did it. It's not like, the whole nail, no (thankfully!!) but its like, the white tip which for me is like 5mm long. It felt like something had been dropped on it when I woke up with it and it was so uncomfy just wearing shoes. It looks bloody under the nail , but hurts less- thanks for the replies xx
  • Options
    I've got a thunb nail hanging off at the moment - really nasty, but it came from slamming it in a car door and it's taken a couple of months but there's a new nail growing underneath.
    Probably best to tape it up if it's split or put a plaster over it - and yes, go to the doctor if the pain persists for longr than a few days.
    ;)