Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Snake bite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi my ball python just bit me and i was wondering if i could get infected?

He had only just that second eaten and he had some shed skin hanging out of his mouth. I didnt want kim to choke so i stupidly put my hand in to get it out (yes i know your meant to leave them alone but i was concerned). Well he nabbed me one on the finger and iv just washed it and put a plaster on.

Personally i think its nothing but just wanted a second opinon.

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    did a search and I came up with this-

Python is a common name for Nonpoisonous snakes :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    did a search and I came up with this-

Python is a common name for Nonpoisonous snakes :thumb:

Yeh i know its not venomous (obviously) but a pythons mouth is not the most hygenic of places especially just after hes eaten. Not to worry anyway iv used TCP.
  • Options
    You may need a jab, specialy if it's just eaten rats or summit but I dunno.
  • Options
    you should be fine but snake salaviva is cleaner than human saliva, you should be fine but anyway can I have your python,
  • Options
    have you had your tetanus jab? if so then just keep it clean like any other scratch etc. if you havent had your tetanus i would suggest you get it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    you should be fine but snake salaviva is cleaner than human saliva, you should be fine but anyway can I have your python,

Yeh i didnt think there was a problem at all just wanted a second opinion you know. Better safe then sorry. My hand is fine so im not worrying.

And no you cant have him hes my baby :D. Get your own, you can get one for about £40 these days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    have you had your tetanus jab? if so then just keep it clean like any other scratch etc. if you havent had your tetanus i would suggest you get it.

Yeh iv had that. Well i didnt have it at school because the nurses refused as they thought i was ill. So i went to the doctor to get it done.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    And no you cant have him hes my baby :D. Get your own, you can get one for about £40 these days.

my mum won't let me. she will only let me have a lizard :(
  • Options
    Thats strange considering lizards need more care and money involved. Plus they are a lot harder to look after rather than a snake.

Im guessing shes not loving snakes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist

i would say the same. and keep an eye on it. first signs of it getting infected (red, swollen, pus), you may need to get it checked out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i would say the same. and keep an eye on it. first signs of it getting infected (red, swollen, pus), you may need to get it checked out.

Yeh thats the only thing im mainly asking about. Its fine at the moment and healing well (he got me good lol) but if it starts getting didgy then i will get it checked. It will be fine i rekon.
  • Options
    been bitten by snakes loads of times, my dad is a big fan and at one point we have about 14 different snakes here i do belive.

never had any problems from being bitten though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    been bitten by snakes loads of times, my dad is a big fan and at one point we have about 14 different snakes here i do belive.

never had any problems from being bitten though.

Thats basically what i thought when it happened.

By the way i like your dad :D A lot of people dont like snakes or reptiles but i love them to bits so respect to your dad.

I would have more snakes but my mum wont let me so when i finished uni im gonna get me a few more.
  • Options
    I didn't know pythons had teeth :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I didn't know pythons had teeth :eek:

Yeh they have little teeth like pin points, kinda like humans i suppose but sharper and a lot smaller. They are just long enough to rip open a guys vein though lol