Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Parents Fighting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How often do your folks fight and does it get violent?

About 2.5 hours ago was at my PC and heard voices getting louder and louder and walked down to see them arguing like I never have in years, they started coming to blows almost and had to step in.

Couldn't believe they were arguing over something so petty - something my Dad wanted typed up on the PC (a legal document) ...

Not a big thing although my sister was suposed to have done it on the weekend and never bothered but I did it late last night when everyone else was asleep anyway and left it to be checked.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear mate,

due to my dad being an alcaholic there use to be bouts of arguements and violence quite common/reguarly in my house, but yet again I know people's parents who's never had violence,

sorry to hear about the trouble mate.
  • Options
    Parents are strange creatures. I'm sorry to hear it :( I used to hate it when my parents argued. We went on holiday to America for 4 weeks last summer, should have been the best holiday of my life, but it was ruined by my parents fighting constantly. In the middle of Sea World I actually shouted 'FUCK OFF!!!' to my Mum cos they pissed me off so much fighting about petty things.

Well, I guess it was cos my mum was cheating on Dad with his best friend... safe to say they are now not together lol.

But here are some *huggles* for you, I'm sorry to hear they're fighting :(
  • Options
    My parents fought constantly. My mum was and still is quite argumentative. They aren't together anymore though.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your parent troubles :(

My parents have been divorced for 12 years now, but I have to say I have no recollection of them fighting at all... I only have happy memories of them being together.
    However, my step dad and my mum (they've been married for 8 years) argue all the time. He's not a very nice person at all, and picks on really petty things all the time to have a go at her about. Their arguments are pretty horrid to hear too, he says things to her like she's a horrible ugly person and that he wishes he'd never married her etc etc... :mad: yet they're still married!! She's threatened to leave him quite a few times now, but still hasn't done it... makes me so angry, especially since I can't remember any of this 'abuse' within my parents marriage...
    Anyway, sorry, I've gone on a bit now... best not to get me started on my stepdad! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire

due to my dad being an alcaholic there use to be bouts of arguements and violence quite common/reguarly in my house, but yet again I know people's parents who's never had violence,

my da's an alcoholic aswell, sometimes you just lie in bed and cry all night wen you hear them fight and say things that people who are suppossed to be in love would never say, it really is bad
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    *hugs* for diamond geezer.

my parents dont fight often but when they do they are killer fights. there is alot of shouting, screaming and swearing and its not nice. my father would never hit my mother though. its always hard for the children though. i remember once i cried myself to sleep after i heard my parents have an argument and i thought that they were going to split up (that was only when i was 16) whenever they argue though it lasts weeks and they dont talk to each other during that time making life uncomfortable for all (one is as stubborn as the other)

the hardest thing that i find is that my mum confides in me so always tells me her side of the story, whereas my dad very rarely opens up to me or my brother so i find it hard to be objective. then, when i try and see my dad's side of the argument mum always thinks that i am taking sides with dad.

hopefully it will have died down in the morning for you DG.
  • Options
    Yes, they used to argue.

Then they got divorced; and it carried on a bit more.

My Mum's re-married now. Her and my step-dad used to argue but it was really 'cause she's such a stress head and he's so laid back he's practically laying down. They seem okay now but I hate it when they argue 'cause I'm scared it'll end up the same as last time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    my da's an alcoholic aswell, sometimes you just lie in bed and cry all night wen you hear them fight and say things that people who are suppossed to be in love would never say, it really is bad

yeah, I use to wonder what it'd be like if he didn't drink, would we be happy, would I even have a father... It's hard to deal with that and I know how you feel can be REALLY hard to deal with,
  • Options
    my parents barely ever fight, and when they do it's a moany, sulky fight, rather than shouting at each other.

so yeah, i can't relate, but i hope you're ok and it all gets sorted.
  • Options
    My parents argue every so often, and every couple of years they have a blazing row.

Any couple who don't argue are abnormal. Apparently we bicker and have moany sulks :lol:
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    My biological parents are divorced and I do remember them arguing a lot... it's the sort of thing that sticks, even though I witnessed it about 12 years ago...

To be honest things like that scare me off from relationships...
  • Options
    my parents barely ever fight, and when they do it's a moany, sulky fight, rather than shouting at each other
    My parents are similar to this, and my Mum likes to go silent and not talk for days, which I think is immature. If you have a problem, you should talk about it and try to resolve it, rather than stewing on things.