Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my poor head.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i took a rather nasty blow to the head . won't tell you how, cause you'll all laugh you pants off. everyone else did.

anyway, the bruising had mainly gone down, but there's still a noticeable lump, and it hurts to touch. it's been over a week now.

have i broken myself? how long do foreheads take to heal?

Comments

• Options
    Tell me how you did it and I'll try to help. ;p

From what I understand, the skin/tissue on the head is much more thin and delicate compared to the rest of the body - consequently it takes longer to heal. Not sure how much truth there is behind that.

Have you tried ice to reduce redness and swelling?

So long as you don't have any fluids running out your ears or nose you should be fine.

So, how did we do it? ;p

ETA: When I say thin, I don't mean thin, I know what I mean - honest.
  • Options
    i knocked myself out on a sticky-out bit at the side of a beach hut.

:blush:
  • Options
    The layer of skin on your head is a lot thinner than anywhere else on your body, so it could take longer to heal. Either way I reckon capacity is right, try using ice packs and stuff on your head, it might reduce the swelling.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i would go and see someone about it. you may've given yourself mild concussion so it is best to get it checked out.

re the question i dont know, ask your GP?
  • Options
    Re: my poor head.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    have i broken myself?

It makes me laugh when you write that. :(

Yesterday I got whacked on the back of the head with a football. I took 'heads up' literally, rather than a warning, lifted my head up and it belted me. :(

This reply was no use whatsoever. Sorry. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i would go and see someone about it. you may've given yourself mild concussion so it is best to get it checked out.

i'm not worried about hurting the contents of my head. like i said, it was over a week ago, and apart from turning ghostly white and shaking like a leaf just after i got up, i've felt right as rain. no dizziness or nausea, not even a headache. it didn't hurt unless i pressed it, which i kept doing, to see if it hurt :rolleyes:

i'm just a bit worried cause on my forehead there's a really hard lump (as hard as the bone on the non-broken side) sort of doughnut shaped, and in the middle it's kind of squishy. doesn't feel at all good.
  • Options
    i'm not worried about hurting the contents of my head. like i said, it was over a week ago, and apart from turning ghostly white and shaking like a leaf just after i got up, i've felt right as rain. no dizziness or nausea, not even a headache. it didn't hurt unless i pressed it, which i kept doing, to see if it hurt :rolleyes:

i'm just a bit worried cause on my forehead there's a really hard lump (as hard as the bone on the non-broken side) sort of doughnut shaped, and in the middle it's kind of squishy. doesn't feel at all good.

i think with time it will get better, try not to worry about it. or press it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i think with time it will get better, try not to worry about it. or press it :p

it's easier said than done though, you know.

i'll just be sitting, bored, and think 'i wonder if my head still hurts'

*press*

'ow, yeah, it still hurts.'

maybe i did injure my brain :chin:
  • Options
    maybe i did injure my brain :chin:

possibly.

leave it alone :p