Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Steroids are changing my moods and appetite...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...and its driving me mad!!! the side effects are only just kicking in, and ive been on them for my eczema for 2 1/2 months now! although, apparently, this is normal!!!
its horrid, but the doc says it should settle down soon, but its like im 2 people! 1 min im really hyper and hungry+the next im feeling bloated and lazy! Also, keep getting very upset and worried about my relationship with my boyfriend, for no reason!!!
sorry, i dont expect any replies to this, i just needed to rant!!
anyone else had this+what did u do to cope??
SBG
:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Aww I'm sorry, it sounds like it's really getting to you. Honestly, I promise you your doc is right...it will calm down, a lot of reactions to medication occur a little while after you start taking them (strange I know!) But it's only a very short-term thing. If it's making you worry about your relationship with your fella then talk to him (if you haven't already) and let him know that you might be a bit off for a while...just to pre-empt in case you're being moody or anything! Wouldn't worry about it though, he'll understand of course.

Hope you feel better soon hun, everyone needs a rant from time to time.
  • Options
    it is really getting to me, especially with my boyfriend! ive already explained to him+he's been a total angel and really understands, but its how im feeling about me+him sometimes!! not sure if i should of posted in relationships, but its just some days i really miss him when he isnt there+other i just dont miss him!! i saw him last night+totally bit his head off and i felt real bad, but at the time he was just really annoying me, but he had done absolutely nothing wrong!!!
    GGrrr, they're messing up my body :(
    thanx for your reply briggi, really helped :)
    SBG
  • Options
    I think the way you feel about your boyfriend is totally normal, especially considering you're on medication - hell I have those feelings about my boyfriend all the time and I've got no excuse :p Sometimes I can't stand to be around him, everything he does (right or wrong) annoys me, and I feel like just splitting up with him on a whim...other times I love him so so much and I couldn't imagine being without him. It's probably just my fickle nature, and when it does happen I usually just say "oh, hormones" but I think it's just part of being in such a close relationship. Everyone needs space, time for reflection etc...but because you see all these perfect couples and feel like you should be like that 24/7, you're made to feel guilty rather than just accepting that you feel a bit crap that day!

Maybe if you're really unsure of the relationship, you need a lil bit of space to get some perspective on it. However, in my humble opinion (and course I don't know your situation!) I think you're just feeling a bit vulnerable etc cos of the steroids, and when this passes you'll probably be back to the way you were with your blokey before. But don't feel like you're alone in the way you feel, because I know that I've felt that way, and I know others who have too! This is definitely Relationships territory now, but thought I'd just say this here anyway.

Chin up, I'm positive you'll feel better about everything soon :)
  • Options
    Aww, thanx hun!! you've made me feel loads better!! i know deep down its the medication making me feel all wierd, so thanx for re-assuring me!! Sometimes you just need to hear that you aint alone in how you feel..know what i mean??
    the doctor said il feel better soon, in a few days, which is good!!
    Thanx
    SBG