Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

B/F trouble...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am really peed off!

Im workin over-time and very knackerd and my b/f expects me to see him every day, and have sex every day.... now dont get me wrong, i love sex! But when Ive been workin 7 in mornin till 6 at night, Im knackerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I dont want to do nothing, like go out, he'll have a mardy and storm off:mad: He acts like a 16 year old kid at times, he spends money like water:mad:

He wants me to have this Friday and Saturday off, cos he's off and he doesnt have alot of days off, but cos I need the money, and on saturday its time and half, he is having a really big strop about he hardly gets days off ect....... but i really need the money!! Ive told him, but he says I'm more important than money.... yeah he is more important, but I need to pay me car off, petrol money for it and pay bills!

He just does me head in, I love him and everythin one minute, but the next I think 'I dont really know you':( I dont want to loose him, but I cant carry on like this...... I will finish it if he carries on:(

Sorry if I seemed to rant on, or it doesnt make sense.
Any comments welcome!:)

Comments

• Options
    I think he's being childish. Perhaps you could try and synchronise your days off so that you can spend more time together or try and work shorter hours
  • Options
    Originally posted by Koenigsegg
    I think he's being childish. Perhaps you could try and synchronise your days off so that you can spend more time together or try and work shorter hours

We do normally days off together, but cos its really buisy at work, I've been doing over-time. I really need the money tho, I've just had a new car and need to pay for it! Its like he's not on the real world, he thinks my car will get paid by it's self...... he's a typical man when it comes to money!:mad:
  • Options
    I don't mean to offend but your bf is being silly. He needs to be more understanding, more adult and recognise that you can't get always get what you want in life.

Maybe you should simply explain to him that you're very tired after work and generally are not in the mood for sex. If he's a good lover he should simply accept that your love life is going through a rough patch and it won't be permanent.
  • Options
    i think the best thing to do would be to sit down and explain about things to your b.f :yes: he's got to understand that you are being finacially dependant, by supporting yourself, which is hard work - but rewarding!
    he sounds like he's being abit immature and selfish - just tell him straight that although he's important, you have to pay for your car! have this talk with him+then tell him you are going to work over the weekend, bcos you need the money+see what his reaction his!! He should hopefully understand
  • Options
    He has a point if you ask me.

If you are always putting work ahead of him then one has to wonder whether there is any point having a boyfriend.

Sure people need to work, but I'd be a bit put out if my girlfriend was always working so I never got to see her.

If you aren't prepared to put him ahead of work at least some of the time then you need to consider whether you do actually love him or not. Yeah, time and a half is important, but it's only money at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Chuck him then.

You're lucky to have someone that wants to see you every night.

Oof, that was a bit blunt.

That is what I was meaning though. If money is more important then you have to wonder if he actually does mean that much to you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    He has a point if you ask me.

I disagree strongly. By the sounds of it she has her head screwed on !!
    She knows she has bills and is trying to make sure the bills are paid, so how does he have a point ? If the bills dont get paid then she's in deep shit, not him.

I say tell him how it is, tell him you need the money so you have to work and you dont intend being a dosser, if he dont like it then say bye bye :wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    You're lucky to have someone that wants to see you every night.

Right now, the way I'm feeling, I'd be inclined to agree but if you are really struggling for money right now then a bit of understanding from him wouldn't go amiss. However, if you're always short of money and always having to work extra hours then he does have a point and maybe you should consider changing your job or situation.
  • Options
    I agree, be thankful he wants to see you.

You need to compromise, he's your boyfriend and he should be able to spend time with you.

Money can pay bills and all that, but it might ruin things with your boyfriend and it can't really buy happiness.
  • Options
    But her having no problem is not his isue, Becky.

There has to be a compromise, but if you are getting angry because he is wanting to do something that interferes with what you want to do then sorry but one has to question why you are with him.

Everyone needs money, but all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. If you aren't prepared to make time for him then say goodbye, but don't try and make out that it is him that's being the unreasonable one.
  • Options
    And of course, I would also like to add that if the only way you can service your debts is through working every hour that God sends then you shouldn't really have bought the new car. What will you do if the overtime dries up?
  • Options
    Yeah, he does have a point, but I really need the money. Over-time doesnt happen very often at my place, so I may as well take it while its there.... its not like I do over-time every day and every weekend. Its only a couple of days! I do put him ahead of work most of the time, I went in late all last week so I could take him to work. I have to work, I have to be in real world, I have bills to pay, course I would love to stay at home all day with him.... but I cant...... simple as.
    Its ok if he works all weekend though, but if I get a little bit of over-time, then he says I dont want to be with him.......... ect:rolleyes:
  • Options
    If he isn;t appreciating what you are doing then it's a different kettle of fish.

Talk to him and re-assure him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If he isn;t appreciating what you are doing then it's a different kettle of fish.

Talk to him and re-assure him.

I have talked to him today cos I aint been at work. He does understand that I need money and stuff. He just thinks everytime I see him I wanna shag him!:rolleyes: Oh well.
  • Options
    He sounds pretty immature to be honest. I might be wrong, but that's the way it's coming across.
  • Options
    How long have you been together?
  • Options
    About 9 months.