Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well its all over now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my now ex boyfriend have just split up as it's not really working. I am totally crying my eyes out atm and I have no one to turn to, my mum isn't really interested in me and don't really have any friends to turn too. :( I dunno what to do.

Comments

• Options
    It was kinda joint but that doesn't make it any easier. I feel so lost now and I feel that my heart has just been torn out and stamped on. We were engaged and everything and I keep thinking that it is my fault that it has ended.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    but just remember, it takes a little rain to make a rainbow :)

Aww, thats well nice! hope you feel better hun *hugs*
  • Options
    Well now I am confused. We had a huge talk and talking about what is wrong with our relationship and was thinking bout trying it again but I am so confused. I really love him and I don't really want it to end but maybe we just need a bit of space from each other coz we seem to be in each others pockets all the time so to speak.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Well now I am confused. We had a huge talk and talking about what is wrong with our relationship and was thinking bout trying it again but I am so confused. I really love him and I don't really want it to end but maybe we just need a bit of space from each other coz we seem to be in each others pockets all the time so to speak.

That is what happened with my (now ex) boyfriend and me. We were engaged and he just decided it was all too much. He tried to split up with me and then we talked and decided to 'try again' and spend less time with one another and we lasted another year. We were just seeing too much of each other and in the end it became a chore for him. It was hard, I mean people may remember the posts I made at the time, I really didn't think I was going to get over it. Ever.

I cried solid for three weeks and then I started to pull myself together. I won't lie, there are still times that I think about what we would be doing if we were together, and there are times I wonder if he's missing me, and if we'll ever end up together again, but at the end of the day what I miss most is him as a person, not a lover. I miss knowing about his life in the same depth, and I miss his family. We're still good friends, we talk on MSN at least three times a week and I see him every 7-10 days and we get on really well still. I suppose with us the 'love' disappeared (on his part) but the 'like' was still there and so we've remained friends.

You need to do what is right for the both of you but in my experience I've noticed that couples who break up and then get back together to 'try again' rarely last much longer. If you do decide to give it another go then I hope that fr your sake it isn't just a way of delaying the inevitable, which it was for me.

Whatever happens, good luck. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice :D We are giving each other more space and also we are gonna talk about things that are bothering us instead of bringing them up in aruement which seems to be a big problem atm.
  • Options
    Just see how it goes.

Was there any sense of relief at it finsihing, at least temporarily?
  • Options
    Not really.