Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The partners parents,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I've just entered a relationship, we get on well but today I met her mother, she was nice but a bit wary as far as I could tell, she's a little strick and protective which I can understand,

She walked into her room and caught us cuddled up under the covers and didn't like it much, thought we was doing something, she also saw the love bite I gave her and didn't like it as much. when we went down stairs she gave us a talk about how she is only 15 and we've not been together long, I was honest and said I will respect yours and Cordelia (my girlfriend) wishes, which I do, and I also said I respect the law and will wait till she is 16, I think she had an Ok impression and My girlfriend told me tonight her mum was still making her mind up if she liked me, better than a no but is making me a little nervous,

the problem is if it ends up if she doesn't how do I handle her, my girlfriend can come round mine but can't stay for her own personal reason, I would start/might stay over her's when her parents let me and when I am better, if it goes pair shape how do I handle the parent's I do hope she does like me as she is a nice women and I want it to work with my girlfriend,

Also anyone else hand any frustraiting/embarassing encounters with there partners parents

Hellfire,

Comments

• Options
    Re: The partners parents,
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Well I've just entered a relationship, we get on well but today I met her mother, she was nice but a bit wary as far as I could tell, she's a little strick and protective which I can understand,

She walked into her room and caught us cuddled up under the covers and didn't like it much, thought we was doing something, she also saw the love bite I gave her and didn't like it as much.

Dude, I wouldn't "like that much" either if I was a parent!

I've been with my fella for quite a while now, we're both over the age of consent and both of our parents know we have a physical relationship. However, I'd never let them catch us under the covers or in any kind of compromising situation. I just think it shows a lack of respect for them.

I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine with you, providing she doesn't think you're leading her 15 year old daughter astray. She's her mother, I think she's reacting quite mildly really. Maybe I'm just a bit prudish about it though.

Put yourself in her position, if you want her to respect you then respect her, her house and her ideas of what is acceptable. What you do outside her house is beyond her control, but if you want to get along, then respect is definitely the keyword. Also, you've said that you just entered the relationship, you just met the mother...don't you think it was a bad first impression for her to have?

In my opinion, anyway.
  • Options
    Re: Re: The partners parents,
    Originally posted by briggi
    Dude, I wouldn't "like that much" either if I was a parent!

I've been with my fella for quite a while now, we're both over the age of consent and both of our parents know we have a physical relationship. However, I'd never let them catch us under the covers or in any kind of compromising situation. I just think it shows a lack of respect for them.

I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine with you, providing she doesn't think you're leading her 15 year old daughter astray. She's her mother, I think she's reacting quite mildly really. Maybe I'm just a bit prudish about it though.

Put yourself in her position, if you want her to respect you then respect her, her house and her ideas of what is acceptable. What you do outside her house is beyond her control, but if you want to get along, then respect is definitely the keyword.

In my opinion, anyway.

I do.. I respect her rules, her house and her kindness, we wasn't doing anything though, laying under the covers to keep warm. our arms around each other. clothes on, nothing compromising,

I'm just a bit nervous, it's the first girlfriends parent I have met before,
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: The partners parents,
    I do.. I respect her rules, her house and her kindness, we wasn't doing anything though, laying under the covers to keep warm. our arms around each other. clothes on, nothing compromising,

I'm just a bit nervous, it's the first girlfriends parent I have met before,

Aw sorry if that was a bit blunt, but I think seeing her daughter under the covers with her brand-new boyfriend was probably a shock enough for her...the thought of what you were actually doing probably didn't even cross her mind, at first anyway!

Generally it's easy to get on with your partner's parents...the horror stories you hear (and sometimes encounter) are usually cos the parents are very strict/unfriendly/disapproving individuals in general...or because they have reason to believe you're leading their little angel astray :lol::naughty:

It's the same as ingratiating yourself with any other adult really...how would you act around your parents friends? You'd be polite, reserved until you knew them a bit better, but friendly and sociable. They aren't some other species, and they're probably as anxious about the whole process as you are...admittedly for alternative reasons, but still.

Relax, I'm sure everything will be cool.
  • Options
    her little angel..

I'm the angel compared to her:naughty: lol.. no.. we're taking it slow and just talking and getting to know each other, she's a really cuddly girl and we've not even thought about sex. just said we'll wait
  • Options
    her little angel..

I'm the angel compared to her:naughty: lol.. no.. we're taking it slow and just talking and getting to know each other, she's a really cuddly girl and we've not even thought about sex. just said we'll wait

Ah yes, but the thing is...unless she's witnessed her daughter starring in a live sex show (don't even know why I wrote that, ick) she's always going to be an angel to her mummy. Just the way it goes, really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    Ah yes, but the thing is...unless she's witnessed her daughter starring in a live sex show (don't even know why I wrote that, ick) she's always going to be an angel to her mummy. Just the way it goes, really.

yeah plus to be fair she's not experience which makes me happy, it's like i'm her first relaitionship for a year plus, she's only kissed and im happy with that.. but she's lil dirty like me sometimes :D.

thanks for the advice briggi :)
  • Options
    yeah plus to be fair she's not experience which makes me happy, it's like i'm her first relaitionship for a year plus, she's only kissed and im happy with that.. but she's lil dirty like me sometimes :D.

thanks for the advice briggi :)

No probs dear :)

Stay cool and you'll have no probs, hope it all works out for ya!
  • Options
  • Options
    i can understand why her mum's being wary, after all her daughter's only young and you are her first serious boyfriend! i wouldnt take it too personally, but id avoid getting in bed 2geva - even when YOU know you aren't doing anything, her mum can still get the impression u are :yes:
    maybe Tell her next time you go round that you respect her and her daughter, and want the 2 of you to get along! Ask her can you make a fresh start, as you got off on the wrong foot abit??
    That may help her mum to see you as a mature guy - not somebody who wants to jump into bed with her daughter (i know u aint like that tho, dont worry)
    good luck with it all tho :thumb:
    SBG
    BTW - your g.f has a very pretty unusual name :yes: i like it!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: The partners parents,
    She walked into her room and caught us cuddled up under the covers and didn't like it much, thought we was doing something, she also saw the love bite I gave her and didn't like it as much. when we went down stairs she gave us a talk about how she is only 15 and we've not been together long, I was honest and said I will respect yours and Cordelia (my girlfriend) wishes, which I do, and I also said I respect the law and will wait till she is 16, I think she had an Ok impression and My girlfriend told me tonight her mum was still making her mind up if she liked me, better than a no but is making me a little nervous,

i can honestly say that if it was me in the mothers shoes i would not be happy. fair enough doing things in private but doing them in public where anyone could walk in then i would not be happy (even if they are only innocent things). i feel wary doing anything infront of my parents and im 21 and it would be with my fiance rather than a first date. and i equally feel bad doing anything, even kissing and cuddling infront of my fiances parents and he's 27!

i would not be happy at all to say the least and i would be extremely unhappy about the love bite as i think that they are horrible, tacky and unnecessary tbh.

next time i think you should just stop being so lovey cuddly unless you are in private. then its different. remember, this girl is only 15 so you should be extremely careful anyway.
  • Options
    The most I would do infront of me parents or his/hers is holding hands and even then I can be a little wary. That's just me though :)

At 15 the mother is going to be protective of her daughter. That's her just showing she cares. Respect is what you need and appreciation that the mother is even letting you in the house. Once you're in with her permission that's her showing you she is giving you the opportunity to prove you are good enough for her daughter.

Good Luck... Xxx
  • Options
    SPG, I'm already ahead of you there, I told her I respect her parents wishes and I respect Cordelia's wishes,

Also I do understand but we thought we was alone, we didn't purposely do it in front of her parent's, the only thing we did in plublic was hold hands and a kiss (not a proper one)
  • Options
    I don't blame her mother for being wary of you. I bloody would be.

And in the name of God please stop name-dropping every lay you've had.
  • Options
    :crying: well her parents/her mum are making her dump me, they don't want me to be with her and it's mainly because they think im a drug dealer although I despise drugs:eek2:
  • Options
    :crying: well her parents/her mum are making her dump me, they don't want me to be with her and it's mainly because they think im a drug dealer although I despise drugs:eek2:

Well something gave them that impression, didn't it? Parents don't just pick ideas out of the ether.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Well something gave them that impression, didn't it? Parents don't just pick ideas out of the ether.

Well it couldn't have been me, I only spoke to her mother breifly,

Cordelia was in tears down the phone and my main worry is she told me she stopped eating now, thats got me shit scared, she said she wants to teach her mother a lesson and is disguested at her mother,
  • Options
    Cordelia was in tears down the phone and my main worry is she told me she stopped eating now, thats got me shit scared, she said she wants to teach her mother a lesson and is disguested at her mother,

Can't you just find a normal girl?
  • Options

so because she has a ED she's abnormal..
  • Options

Putting your foot in it again boyo :p
  • Options

:lol:

Tho saying that....alot of girls today do have eating disorders, just the ones that we dont know about are very good at hiding it.