Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

still counting the days......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i stopped smoking after it got out of control, but even though i enjoy being sober i still find myself counting the days........had the odd puff here and there which resets the count, that prolly doesnt help.......any other people out there with this problem?..........its only been 5 days since my last smoke, seems like foreverrrrrrrrrrrr...........even had the fleeting urge to smoke fags (never touched em) just bcos i miss the feeling, god help me if i get hooked on that. also, i have found i am boozing a lot more now that i dont smoke, does this happen to anyone else? is it actually ever possible to stop taking one kind of drug or another?

Comments

• Options
    Re: still counting the days......
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    is it actually ever possible to stop taking one kind of drug or another?
    apparently yes ...if you like the idea of going to an alcoholics annonymous or narcotics annonymous meeting three times a week in some musty old church hall listening to people tell tales of misery and woe.
    went to a couple and thought fuck this for a game of soldiers i'd rather get pissed.
    but ...whatever flicks your switch innit.
  • Options
    just as i finnished typing the above ...what tune comes on but a tom waits one ...now that i'm sober ...theres no more dancing ...no more dancing ...now that i'm sober.
    it's a desperate sounding kind of plea kind of song.
  • Options
    I haven't smoked cigs properly or weed in over a week now, i'll be breaking it tomorrow though.

And yes i was counting down the days since i stopped for a while, and it wasn't my choice to quit for a while, i was away with family for a while and i couldn't really just start smoking spliffs in front of them.
  • Options
    i'm bladdered ...goodnight.