Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

to dye or not to dye...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..this is my question.

i have a history of hairdying +currently have roots since the last time i dyed my hair was feb when i dyed it blu/blck, puple/black, purple+pink.obviously this has now faded but the ends of my hair are quite light due to prelightening last year. basically my hair starts with bout 3inches of brown hair, then it gets a bit redder(from faded purple) but its quite a subtle change as was dyed so long ago+finally the ends are light brown/blondish.
im going to a wedding not this weekend but the weekend after+im thinking about dying my hair before.if i dye it itl be blue/black on top, purple/black underneath + a random pink streak on top near the front. the dress i have for the wedding is strapless+many colours though mainly a kinda plumy purple colour. i dont know if i should dye or not as i have quite pale skin+wonder if the darkness of colours would drain me+also im worried hair will match the dress+then id look stupid.

sorry for rambliness. hope it all makes sense

any opinions apreciated :) tnkies

Comments

• Options
    personaly i don't think it would wash you out at all. i'm a sucker for pale skin and dark hair and am always jealous of girls who pull it off. i, for some reason, can't. even if i'm in the sun for like 2 minutes my skin gets all tan and stuff. sorry for going off subject there. ne ways, i think you should and if you don't want it to make such an impression on your dress just pull it back or something. then it won't be as obvious and as close to your dress.
  • Options
    i was mainly worried because of the dress being strapless+therefore more skin will be exposed next to hair.iv had dark hair before+from comments made by people i managed to carry it off.im pale, but not pasty so it doesnt make me look ill (well, not that im aware of).mite go for it :)
  • Options
    it depends on your colouring.

people who are pale in a kind of english rose kinda way can look really good with dark hair.

in contrast if you have pale olive type skin, (like moi) you tend to just look ill.

if you're worried about looking drained, remember blusher is your friend. just a hint though, not too much or you'll look like raggedy ann. boots natural collection do a great cream blush stick and it's under £2. looks really really natural.