Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Police

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know what the police are like in your area, but in North Wales the do not seem to be very well organised at all.

When I was attacked, it took them about 10 minutes to reach the scene, and even though I was on the phone to them and had told them I was around the side of my flat being threatened, they came to the front of my flat, then left when they had no answer at the door. I'm lucky I didn't get the shit beaten out of me, because it took them a further three hours after that to return.

However, the police are constantly on the library field in my town busting teenagers for smoking weed.

My point is, the police seem to tackle little things all the time, but when something more important comes along they are hopeless. When I had my flat broken into and burgled in April, I did all the work to finding out who it was, and I eventually succeeded. What I fail to see is why the police didn't do this work themselves, they actually told me what to do and refused to bother doing anything themselves. It wasn't much work, all they had to do was go to one shop and ask one question, to proove the person I suspected was guilty. I fail to see why the police couldn't do this.

I was wondering what the police are like in your area. Are they as pathetic and disorganised as they are in Wrexham? Because I do not feel safe having this organisation that cannot guarantee me a fast response if I am in trouble of being attacked, which I am constantly in my area.

Comments

• Options
    Surely you lot must have something to say on how good/bad you think the polics are??
  • Options
    Its hard to say, i think the police round here do basically keep law and order (as they should) but i cant comment on how good they are when responding to a crime.

My old mans motorbike got nicked years ago and he gave a name of a suspect who was boasting about getting my dad back for some reason but nothing got done, maybe it was forgotton under a pile of other stolen vehicles being investigated i dunno,

I think the police should nick anti social kids more instead of talking to them then driving off again leaving the kids to stay there or move onto the next street.

If the police showed around here they will arrest kids for tormenting the neighbourhood constantly and ignoring warnings given to them night after night the kids would think they are not running the estate anymore because at the moment in certain estates they think they do run the place, they psychologically think they got the upper hand over everyone and nothing can happen to them.

If you keep nicking them and the parents have to keep dragging out to collect them maybe the parents might take more responsibility and the novelty of being in a hard gang causing trouble would wear off for the little shit.

All it takes is sending a police van up when calls start coming in of vandalism and fires being started and whatever and grab the usual suspects.
    They do these things then wait for the police/fire engine to turn up or someone to just come out and moan if that aint screaming we did it, we dont care, what you gonna do about it? i dunno what is.

It could all be nipped in the bud quite easily if the police bothered to take proper action.
  • Options
    Sorry yo, but i dont depend on "men" to protect me. Only GOD man, Only GOD. I dont pay attention to the police or FBI or the foolish leaders of this world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mystery Ridah
    Sorry yo, but i dont depend on "men" to protect me. Only GOD man, Only GOD. I dont pay attention to the police or FBI or the foolish leaders of this world.

What if you found out god doesn`t exist who would you depend on then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mystery Ridah

Uhm can I ask... are you taking the piss with this 'GOD' thing? I mean seriously :eek2:

And no... can't say I'm fond of the police in our area. My friend was cornered by a gang of lads and she only just managed to get away. the police were standing at one side of the town square and we went over to ask them for help (I mean there were at least five and they were shoving her. They circled her & threatened her until she shoved her way out & ran)... so the police said they'd be right over... then drove off and didn't come back.

I know some of them don't like rockers, but that's no excuse to leave the girl... those lads could do it again to somebody else and go even further.

Oh and my friend was attacked by a hammer... and I was attacked by the same person who attacked my brother a few years later (though they did appologise... which makes things alright... not :rolleyes: )... I mean they'll stop you in your car but if you're gay, a rocker or foreign they don't give a toss.

That's the Wrexham police for ya.;)
  • Options
    Well when my Dad got his car stolen a few years ago, my dad reported to the Police... took them a few hours to come round to take my dad statement. Getting details of the care, etc. Then left him saying they'll be in touch if they get any news and promised him they'll be looking everywhere for the car though warned him not get his hopes up as it could possibly be burnt out by now. Whilst this was happening my sister was taking me to hospital as I had to for a check up and when we came back... we found my dads car just round the corner with the car door crushed with them trying to get in and the CD player nicked :-/

Brilliant Police work I must say... :rolleyes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah Moonrat, I remember that. She was distressed and crying, because hese lads had said some really nasty shit to her and had be shoving her, saying they were gonna beat her up, really agressive. There were two police cars literally about 50 feet away, now whatever they were dealing with only took one police car, but the other drove off anyway. Fucking pigs.

You can't be serious. I mean, where the fuck is your wonderful God when my friend got sexually assaulted, or when me and my friend got attacked with a knife??

The point is if you believe your stupid God will save you, and you're surrounded by a bunch of guys with knives or whatever, what are you gonna do? Pray? Or run? Exactly. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my great auntie got burgurled and it took them 3 days to come out, and thats a fact.
  • Options
    I heard about an old woman had her house broken in while she was there. She called the police and they said the just didn't have anyone to send. She called them back 5 mins later to say 'it's alright, don't worry about it, i've shot him'. Armed police response helicopters and five cars were there within 5 mins.

She didn't even have a gun, all she said was that she thought they didn't have anyone to send.

In my personal experience. These poor buggers seem to be trying quite hard. But petty red-tape gets in the way. One arrest in a shift takes up the rest of their time in paper work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    yeah the crime has been done yeah it's ok to leave it 3 days yeah. let them do it another 3 times. :confused:

Yup... funny though because they'll stop you on the roads for nothing and search your car. But in my town they're all in the centre outside the nightclubs on a weekend in the evening. So the lowlives who get drunk & then start fights because they get all pissy on beer are just as much to blame for taking their time *cough* scum.
  • Options
    In Belfast we get the Army and everything patroling my area... especially round this time of year :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    In Belfast we get the Army and everything patroling my area... especially round this time of year :p

living in south armagh the army patrol nearly every day, what powers do they have, you throw a brick at them, they just stand there, whats the point of them being here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    living in south armagh the army patrol nearly every day, what powers do they have, you throw a brick at them, they just stand there, whats the point of them being here.

To try and maintain peace... :confused:
    To help prevent things from getting worse.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    To try and maintain peace... :confused:
    To help prevent things from getting worse.

Maybe they should get squaddies to patrol the town centre in Wrexham instead of the police, so they can focus on other things (then again, a lot of squaddies I've met are the type to be causing trouble in town anyway).
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by J
    I think the police around my way do a great job

Same here. I've had a few run ins with them before but nothing I didn't bring on myself. I think it's quite a respectable job to be honest.
    I think that generally those in uniform do a very hard job and the ones in my area do it well. IMO.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    I goesup newcastle and coppers wer eon the beat and I was walking down this road and they asked me if I was ok.
    thats what i wantto see in stoke. all i see is scum abgs ruling the streets!

ROFL! You must be talking about Newcastle-upon-Tyne! The only places you will find policemen in Newcastle Town Centre are at McDonald's and at the police station.

I have had no problems with the police.