Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Assorted Scars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On my face, where I've had spots before now, the skin in places has brown scars. Some lighter then others and some more obvious. I used to get spots on one side of my face only, so my hair is done so it covers that side. I've noticed the scars dissapearing after months, which is good, but I was wondering if there is a way of encouraging the scars to go quicker. Months of desperatly trying to hide them has made me very unhappy at times and so I would like to develop a routine for helping these scars go away. And on my forehead when I get hot, especially in this weather the scars...reappear. I mean I cover these with makeup and at a normal temperature, you wouldn't know they exist, but they still manage to show up more blatently- are these scars or something else?

And also, different type of scar- when I was a baby, I had chicken pox and my mum one night forgot to put the little gloves on me so I managed to scratch loads of them, leaving me with loads of lil white scars on my head, ribs area and back. Over time, some have faded and some gone altogether (head and back ones have gone completely), but especially on my left rib there are about 10 white spot scars...after 16 years, these have not gone/faded or anything. Will they ever leave do you think? I'm not embarrassed of them or anything- I quite happily wear bikini's, get naked etc...and now see them as perfectly natural and...unique to me. But will there come a time when these go for good?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    The best way I know to get rid of scars is to buy Vitamin E capsules (not tablets), prick the capsule and the rub the oil that comes out onto the scars. I'd do this once a day, or maybe twice if you have the time and inclination. If the scars are recent then it should take a month to two months, but they should be almost (if not completely) invisible by the end of this period. If they're older scars then it could take up to three months, but the same method applies. Tea Tree Oil is also great for scars, but I mainly use it more on cuts and grazes as it encourages new skin to grow. Both of these oils should be available at any pharmacy, health shop or even possibly supermarket you go to.

The only other thing I know of is what my Mum used on her C-section scar. And that was just plain old Olive Oil. She rubbed it on her scar 2-3 times daily and it's invisible now. So obviously that works too, but I don't really recommend rubbing olive oil into your face...as it would surely encourage new spots. The other two won't cause that problem :)

Good luck with it! Whatever you do, hope you see results soon.
  • Options
    I have chicken pox scars all over me and I kind of like them. It's not like they are extremmly noticeable, just a little dot.

With recent scars, apply Neosporin immediately to new scrapes. the topical antibiotic, even though it's already well known for it's infection protection, it also has the ability to minimize the appearance of scars while also preventing infection.

I dont really know of alot that would help make them dissapear but to help conceal them, I'd suggest dipping a small brush in cream concealer enough that you fill in the scar. then after use a damp sponge to apply foundation over, that will help blend it well.
  • Options
    Hiya
    We've got an in-depth feature on scar treatments that I updated really recently - here it is - hope it helps.
    ;)
  • Options
    I think Clinque Clarifying Lotion 2 is good at fading some scars, it seems to remove a lot of dead skins and help promote the underlying skin to regenerate.

I saw it fade one of my scars instantly.
  • Options
    Thank you for everyone who replied! I use clinique clarifying 3...I reacted to the number 2 due to the menthol and that's why my skin is so incredibly sensitive on my face (taa clinique!!) so, I have to be careful with my facial products! I have vitamin e cream...do you recon that would have a similar impact as the capsules?
  • Options
    My mate uses coa coa butter on her scars.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    bio oil.

wonderful stuff.
    You can get it from almost any chemist and it's not too expensive.

The vitamin E idea also sounds good
  • Options
    I've been using Vit E oil on my navel piercing scar and it seems to have taken the edge off it... it's healing my piercing stretch too :D

I'd definitely recommend it!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Sorry to bring this post up to the top again, but I tried this vitamin e moisturiser thing I had bought ages ago from superdrug (I was using it to moisturise my legs) and I put it on my skin overnight along with my clarins moisturiser- how quick is it meant to work...because this morning, the smaller ones that were like on some parts of my face...well...they're gone...already! My skin looks really good this morning- thank you everyone...I keep looking in the mirror...!! I think used on new spot scars, it has an incredibly quick effect- wowser!! xx:D :D:D