Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

God you girls do ma head in..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well.. just a bit confused.

I split up with my ex about 4-6weeks ago, we got on great had fun days out ect but it was to soon after her last relationship, she said she wanted some space, I though ok. 6weeks down the line and she's still saying the same thing, that I can deal with but I meet someone. we get on well have fun and she likes me i like her, now my ex frowns upon me meeting new people, shes says things like "oh you gone of me then" and "of you forgot about me" I don't know what to say though because NO i haven't forgot about her, YES i would be with her if she wanted me, I keep telling her this but she doesn't believe me.

it seems like she wants me to like/want to be with her but not be with her,

What do I do..

many thanks

Comments

• Options
    hey
    i could be wrong, but it sounds to me like she cant accept the fact that you've started to move, i.e. she doesnt want you, but doesnt want anyone else to have you :confused: could be bcos she isnt over you, and she cant accept the fact that you've moved on before she has?
    it depends upon how you feel about her+this new girl: if you really like her, then i reckon you should go for it with her+try to forget your ex, but if you still care for your ex then you may be better off waiting to see how your feelings turn out in a few weeks!
    Hope all that rambling helped
    SBG
    :D
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel mate.

Maybe shes like most other girls and likes the attention of someone liking her? The more you show that you like her the more shes gonna lead you on and its not nice in the end.

But maybe shes one of the few nice girls and dont want to hurt you so shes trying to keep things cool between you. I dont see why she wont get backwith you if she likes you though.

You have probably spoke to her about this already but i think you need to draw a line. You need to ask yourself and her "are we gonna get back together or not?". Is so then get back together, if not then move on.

good luck mate, keep us informed :)
  • Options
    That's the girlies for ya.... and before I get trashed for saying that, yes guys can be like that as well.

Anyways, don't think it's fair your ex is being hard on you for trying to move on. If she's made it clear she ain't ready to get involved with you coz her heads messed up with her ex then she can't expect you to wait for her like a little lost puppy. Maybe this will make her appreciate you a little more, and possibly wanting you back now coz she now knows you won't be waiting for her.

Hmmm.... try talking to her. Don't drop hints, just tell her straight. Yes you're trying to move on but make it clear if she wants to be with you, you are willing to get back with her. If she still insists she needs time. Then still except her friendship but don't go with this other girl, using her till you get back with your ex. That's just wrong.
  • Options
    if I was you, I'd give her an ultimatum. tell her if she wants you, then now is the time. if she really wanted to be with u, then she would say yes if u said this to her. anything else and id go for the other person. but it depends on how much you love the first girl.
  • Options
    My ex did this...he broke up with me, saying he still cared and loved me and that we'll get back together soon...a month down the line it was getting tiring waiting for him to make up his mind...he then went quiet for a while and a more insensitive friend says to me and everyone I know "Oh so *beeps* got a new girlfriend eh!"...in other words being used till he found someone else- a nice little safety net- being plied with niceness, not allowing me to move on with out getting overprotective and mushy, then when he found someone, he just went straight for it.

Ask for a straight answer - yes or no because it will get old piss- assing about! She could just be unsure- she could like the fact that to others she's perceived as single,but she still has you to fall back on, or it could be that she's just waiting for someone else to want her so she can just skip straight onto someone new without the lonely evil after relationship singlessness feeling. I wouldn't move on with this other girl merely because you obviously still have feelings for your ex and if you did get with this new girl and she said "Actually, I do want to be with you" you'll get all tied up in knots, but maintain friendship with this new girl, possibly explain the situation you're in- that you still care for your ex and you're worried moving on too quickly we leave you with regrets and you'd rather sort it all out and not carry a load of baggage into the next relationship.

Good Luck :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by O_o
    if I was you, I'd give her an ultimatum.

that was my advice too ...
  • Options
    Well we haven't spoken in awhile but it's what she said the last person I was interested so it'll be the same with her, This goes my head in. I'll talk to her but she's working atm..
  • Options
    I need some space / I need time to think are both ways of letting you down.

Just dump her and get it out of the way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim Bacon
    I need some space / I need time to think are both ways of letting you down.

Just dump her and get it out of the way.

we're not together, but she gets upset or mad when i start to move on,
  • Options
    If you're not together, then it's clearly upto you what you do.

However if you were taking a 'break', then I'd say it was different.
  • Options
    Well I knew it would happen. the moment she read my Lj i got a text,

"oi u shit head. Thanks 4 telin me u ad anotha bird. N u just used me 4 da hospital no wonder u aint spke 2 me. Thanks alot I thort I wux your m8. Emailed u 2"

sorry for text talk but i copied it straight from the text,

Anyway I texted her saying, I didn't know her before I had my operation, I didn't use her then and she's still a friend. She keeps saying it's bullshit, WTF.. I am a friend, does me having a gf mean we can't be mates, if so... I dunno what to do.
  • Options
    Damn there is just no pleasing the girls sometimes... hmmm... :chin:

Well I still believe it's unfair the way she's having a go at you as it's not like you ended it with her and met this girl. She was the one that wanted to be just mates.

Though gotta ask... as wasn't to sure - Did she make it clear she only liked you as friend as her heads messed up etc - Or was she just wanting time apart before you both got back together, when she was ready?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Damn there is just no pleasing the girls sometimes... hmmm... :chin:

Well I still believe it's unfair the way she's having a go at you as it's not like you ended it with her and met this girl. She was the one that wanted to be just mates.

Though gotta ask... as wasn't to sure - Did she make it clear she only liked you as friend as her heads messed up etc - Or was she just wanting time apart before you both got back together, when she was ready?

she said she couldn't have a relationship with me because her text and that text I posted said I thought we was mates so yea.. she did.

It's fucking annoying because I like her as a friend.
  • Options
    Well, if you would have girls chasing you Rudey.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Well, if you would have girls chasing you Rudey.

she isn't... she just gets mad that I have someone else,
  • Options
    omg.. wow.. now she says it's the fact i didn't tell her I had a gf. maybe because I hadn't spoken to her since I started to go out with her maybe.
  • Options
    Re: God you girls do ma head in..
    Originally posted by Hellfire

What do I do..

Tell her to grow up, then stay the hell away from her.
  • Options
    omg.. wow.. now she says it's the fact i didn't tell her I had a gf. maybe because I hadn't spoken to her since I started to go out with her maybe.

Just ignore her.
  • Options
    Re: Re: God you girls do ma head in..
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Tell her to grow up, then stay the hell away from her.

I agree entirely. If she was friend material then she wouldn't be mind fucking you like this. She sounds like a psycho so she's best left alone
  • Options

Well hold on there, she does have a point. You should have warned her about it. You may not have seen her but you obviously had her number to call/text/e-mail - Whatever...

Though still doesn't give her the right to bite your head off... as she can't expect you to just be waiting for her like a little lost puppy.

Try your best to explain to her how you don't want to lose her friendship but you also can't put yourself on hold for her. You can only do soo much.
  • Options
    She isn't a pycho though. she use to be really nice.. just pissed off with me because i moved on :crying:
  • Options
    She isn't a pycho though. she use to be really nice.. just pissed off with me because i moved on :crying:

Well she doesn't have the right to be pissed off with you, so I suggest you ignore her until she can behave a bit more reasonably. She's jerking your strings, don't dance to her tune whatever you do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Well she doesn't have the right to be pissed off with you, so I suggest you ignore her until she can behave a bit more reasonably. She's jerking your strings, don't dance to her tune whatever you do.

Thanks, I stopped repling to her text's I need to think about this before we talk and I will deffentley not lose my gf over this so I need to make sure it's the right thing to do.