Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Date ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, not that I'm picky but I can't seem to think of an interesting idea for a date. I mean, picnic down the park seems the best idea at the moment but we've had pretty unpredictable weather recently so I'm keeping my eye on that. But there's bradgate park which is lovely and victoria park in town which is just a large expanse of grass, but also lovely.

Cinema is so overrated, you go in, sit down, kiss once or twice and hold hands (cuddling is impossible with those arm rests). I thought about the theatre because we're both into that (well I assume she is, since she attends an amatuer drama club etc) but I looked at leicester's line up and it's quite frankly: crap.

Then, since we're only 16 and 15 I thought we could go to megazone (laser quest) but that would be better if we took our friends with us as well, it's more of a group thing (although I have nothing against those that go every week on their own :p).

I've been going out with this girl for going on 4 weeks now and we haven't been on an official date yet, we've both said we should but it's just down to planning and something interesting. All ideas welcome, preferably something a bit different and key word: budget. Not that I'm trying to be cheap :p of course but we're young and I don't like to spend too much anywhere anyway. The best things in life are supposed to be free afterall!

Comments

• Options
    whatever you do, don't go to laser quest, even if you're planning on smooching in the darkness, its just not a datey place. i know you don't wanna go to the cinema but that seems to be you're best option. maybe go to a restaurant first. pizza hut is probably a good idea, cuz its not too expensive, and its miles better than going to a shitty mcdonalds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by O_o
    whatever you do, don't go to laser quest, even if you're planning on smooching in the darkness, its just not a datey place.

A date doesn't have to be all cuddles and kisses though does it? I mean, the main thing is to have fun. Sure, intimate moments are great but then there's no need for theme parks and the like! But as I said, that plan is probably better for a group outing.

I'm still not convinced on the cinema idea :p but a theme park would be so cool :hyper: just a shame there aren't any near here. Leicester has the national space center but it's crap. We have a lot of museums that are good, actually that's a good idea, a trek around town sight seeing. It's easy to miss things that are closeby because you take them for granted.

Still, original and easy ideas are welcomed :)
  • Options
    I swear by going somewhere like bowling and then for a pizza at a nice Italian (not any Pizza Hut crap, there must be a decent cheap Italian in Leicester- there's 13 in Durham).

It's fun, you have to talk rather than sit staring a screen, and you get to admire her lovely pert bottom all afternoon long :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I swear by going somewhere like bowling and then for a pizza at a nice Italian (not any Pizza Hut crap, there must be a decent cheap Italian in Leicester- there's 13 in Durham).

It's fun, you have to talk rather than sit staring a screen, and you get to admire her lovely pert bottom all afternoon long :thumb:

I was just going to mention bowling and you beat me to it. Me and my boyfriend went last week with a few friends and it was great fun. Definately gets a thumbs up as a date idea from me :thumb:
  • Options
    oh yeah...and I agree on the cinema thing
    It means that you can't talk to each other and if the movie isn't good then you feel like you've wasted your time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx
    I was just going to mention bowling and you beat me to it. Me and my boyfriend went last week with a few friends and it was great fun. Definately gets a thumbs up as a date idea from me :thumb:

Bowling was also something that came to mind when I read the post title. Sure, I've never gone bowling on a date, but I've had such great fun when going with my friends.

And the two dates I had at the cinema... :o Never again, I say.
  • Options
    bowling def sounds good, nothing better than a bit of competition to keep the relationship alive. And about the cinema.....well my cinema adventures were always pretty good, mainly cos we would start exchanging in some mutual masturbating in the seats of a bunged cinema, which really got our hearts going then when we left we were even more in love and having fun than ever before, then i dumped her, and now im gonna nip out the back and shoot myself. Bye-bye
  • Options
    See this is making thinking my guy is as abnormal as i suspected. Its a long story between us, but we're getting closer again, and his best friend is going out with my best friend and me and her had this idea that we went to the nearest leisure park place, cinema'd then had pizza, then went bowling and made a day of it. his response? " we could go and get drunk in a park instead" :rolleyes:

anyway you could do a day of like shopping together and then go out for a meal? could be nice :)
  • Options
    How about just a nice walk around somewhere with nice scenery?

I know it sounds rather naff & the kind of thing your grandparents would do on a Sunday afternoon but it's free & a good bit of exercise.

Also, when you're with good company it's the simplest of things that can proved very special.

<br><marquee align="center" loop="infinte"><font color="666666">.:</font><font color="ff6600">Crispy</font><font color="666666">:.</font></marquee><br></font>
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy

I know it sounds rather naff & the kind of thing your grandparents would do on a Sunday afternoon but it's free & a good bit of exercise.

Also, when you're with good company it's the simplest of things that can proved very special.

<br><marquee align="center" loop="infinte"><font color="666666">.:</font><font color="ff6600">Crispy</font><font color="666666">:.</font></marquee><br></font>

:yes: I like this. Especially in the area I live there are nice places, Swithland woods is quite large and enough space to err get lost :angel:. I think I'll take her for a couple of mile walk TO bradgate park, and then a couple miles more walking AROUND bradgate park, then a picnic and then a couple of miles back. Or we could get a lift and just walk around there, may be better :)

isn't it great when your parents love your girlfriend?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    isn't it great when your parents love your girlfriend?

I wouldn't know as my parents don't know about mine;)
  • Options
    My favourite dates were:

*ordering pizza to be delivered to a bench by the river and eating/chatting till 3am
    *London Aquarium (sounds bizarre but was so much fun)
    *Night-time ice-skating at Somerset House in London at Xmas (photo below)I'd never been skating before so it was a real laugh!!
    CRW_5764.jpg
  • Options

:yes: i love doing that, or going and sitting by a lake or something. u can chat and its free and because ur not busy doing other things..watchin a film, bowling, etc you can really spend some good time together :)
  • Options

I agree that this is a relaly good idea, especially if you have nice places to walk around.

Bowling is also good.

A mini picnic in a park would be something different?

I agree that it's great when parents love your gf/bf, it's even better when their parents love you too!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    *Night-time ice-skating at Somerset House in London at Xmas

Ooo, go ice skating! It's not that expensive, but great fun! You get to hang onto each other while pretending to fall over :thumb:
  • Options
    I posted a similar thread and a couple of people suggested the zoo which I think is a good idea because you can point and laugh at the funny looking animals and you can chat too (just make sure you're not looking in a mirror when you point and laugh) :crazyeyes Ice skating is also something that was suggested to me and I think this is good because you can hold hands but may go very wrong if you can't skate because you may fall an injure yourself and look like a complete pulm! :o
  • Options
    yeah i agree with ice skating and zoo.......they really amke a great time...the ice skating is annoying if you're both at different levels.......however..but you get to hold hands all the time and stuff and laugh when eachotehr fall down. the zoos great cos theirs always something to talk about and it relaly brings out the kid in you.

how about a theme park? or going round the city liek a tourist would? I odnt know what leicesters like in that respect however.....also how about jsut taking a bus journey.......weird i know but you can meet all kind of weird people and laugh at them *ahh i scare my self sometimes* other stuff erm an aquarium......

food / restuarant places are a bit you know passe!

or you could try something really different like a class in salsa danicng or horse riding; that way you can both fail miseribly together........

or for something less active how about a concert! they rock........ :)

hope thats a few ideas....
  • Options
    Bowling is a good idea, but if you want to spend time with her and just her, it's maybe not a good idea 'cause it can be better played with more people.

Going for a meal I think is a nice idea; however I've only done it once and had a bad experience. The lad I was with decided to sit and watch me eat. I hate it when anyone does that, let alone a lad on a first date. Bleurgh.

The cinema...it's a nice way to spend an evening. You get to hold hands and stuff but you can't talk. Well, you could but it'd be extremely annoying for other people there at the time!

I'm going out with a lad tomorrow, and really need idea's for what to do. :(

We've ruled out the pub and cinema, but we're both crap at thinking of ideas. It's also harder 'cause we're only getting to know eachother at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I'm going out with a lad tomorrow, and really need idea's for what to do. :(

We've ruled out the pub and cinema, but we're both crap at thinking of ideas. It's also harder 'cause we're only getting to know eachother at the moment.
    Go somewhere loud where conversation isn't important. How about a music show or something.

:lol: (I don't find your dillemma particulary funny, I just like that smilie)
  • Options
    If I were takin' somebody out I'd go to the local acoustic night, somewhere with gentle live entertainment and candle light. Then finish the evening with a walk through a graveyard... or simply somewhere under the stars. :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    my ideal date would be to go ice skating in the evening, then get some chips and just have a walk. then go home :)