Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

age difference

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've known this guy josh for a while and last time we were hangin out with our friends he took my hand and we ended up bein attached all night. turns out he likes me but he's 18 and i'm almost 16. it's not that big of an age difference but he's still considered an adult. what kinds of things would get him in trouble w/the law?

Comments

• Options
    I dont know the laws over where you live but if you wait till your 16 (which you stated is not long) then things should be ok.

Its not that bad really but if you like eachother then thats cool. Good luck :)
  • Options
    What country are you in?

In the UK most things are legal between you once you reach 16.
  • Options
    How are you nearly 16 when your birthday is in April? You've only been 15 for three months!! Tsk.
  • Options
    If the attraction is strong enough then age doesn't become an issue- it's only two and a bit years. Tsk.

I don't know about the legal aspect because TheSite is based in the UK, and as such deals with UK law and advice only. If you are in the UK there are useful articles in the "sex" section of the main website which explain all the different age limits.

You should read the content of the website as well as this BB in order to get a full answer.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I remember when I was 16, this lad who was 18 liked me and I was like "OMG, the age difference :o ". Now that's nothing!

I think as you get older it seems more acceptable and stuff.
  • Options
    I know the police can't really do anything if your 15 and his 18/19 unless there is sex involved (oral or penetration) and the girl press' charges. I think it gets a little weird if the girl is younger than 15 and the guy is 18+. Altough I don't even think it's right for an 18+ year old to be with someone younger than 16.

If your in the USA then there's no sex under 18.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    How are you nearly 16 when your birthday is in April? You've only been 15 for three months!! Tsk.

I tell ya your in the wrong proffession you ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

I guess it's nearer than yesterday. :lol: