Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another Bush joke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
George W. Bush and Charlotte Church were at a highly glamorous opening.

Having just been introduced Bush asks Charlotte where about in the Uk shes from.

"Wales" she replies

"What state is that in" asks Bush

the punch line to this joke is that its actually true!! and this is the man that the Western world is trusting and following into two wars that could result in nuclear disasters.

Comments

• Options
    Re: another Bush joke
    Originally posted by Applepie66546
    George W. Bush and Charlotte Church were at a highly glamorous opening.

Having just been introduced Bush asks Charlotte where about in the Uk shes from.

"Wales" she replies

"What state is that in" asks Bush

the punch line to this joke is that its actually true!! and this is the man that the Western world is trusting and following into two wars that could result in nuclear disasters.

He asked what state Wales was in.......thats very very depressing
  • Options
    not a very good one by all accounts ...would have been my reply.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    i don't see the humor :confused:

Its not a joke its an actual fact. George W. thought that Wales was a city in the United States
  • Options
    On the theme of Bush jokes. A great political satire thing they've got over in the states is called 'The Onion' and takes the form of a newspaper. One 'article' my brother told me about had the headline

Clever Rabbit Tricks Bush into Gun Ban

It's basically a spin on braer rabbit, the rabbit sneaks into the oval office, and puts the ban on guns on the desk. When President Bush goes in he says 'what are you doing in my office?'. The rabbit replies 'My friend braer fox says you're so stupid you can't even sign your own name!'. Obviously the president is enraged and says 'I'll show him! Gimme that pen' and signs his name at the bottom of the document.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    On the theme of Bush jokes. A great political satire thing they've got over in the states is called 'The Onion' and takes the form of a newspaper. One 'article' my brother told me about had the headline

Clever Rabbit Tricks Bush into Gun Ban

It's basically a spin on braer rabbit, the rabbit sneaks into the oval office, and puts the ban on guns on the desk. When President Bush goes in he says 'what are you doing in my office?'. The rabbit replies 'My friend braer fox says you're so stupid you can't even sign your own name!'. Obviously the president is enraged and says 'I'll show him! Gimme that pen' and signs his name at the bottom of the document.

'The Onion' is fab isn't it! Restores a teeny bit of my faith in the US...for all the Bush-followers there are still a lot of intelligent, witty people who can see through the bullshit and the hyped-up patriotism.
  • Options
    Yes, very amusing, my brother had a couple of collections. Much in the way you get Calvin & Hobbes bumber editions.

Though last time I check I was thinking that only or less than half of the US didn't support the current Mr President. I just hope they're in the right place to defeat him in november.
  • Options
    Yes, very amusing, my brother had a couple of collections. Much in the way you get Calvin & Hobbes bumber editions.

Though last time I check I was thinking that only or less than half of the US didn't support the current Mr President. I just hope they're in the right place to defeat him in november.
    i don't believe there will be an election ...there will be an incident that causes the suspension of elections.
    then it will get scary ...
  • Options
    What like another terrorist attack? Actually, my brother works for a section of the world bank, they've been looking at senarios for the next attack on US territory. They think most likely target will be DC and the most devastating method will be a dirty bomb in the lincoln memorial, and indeed they think it will come before the end of the year.

But how long would the citizens of the USA accept an election postponement? It worked in Germany but they'd only be democratic for 20 years. Would it work in america after 200 years?
  • Options

But how long would the citizens of the USA accept an election postponement? It worked in Germany but they'd only be democratic for 20 years. Would it work in america after 200 years?
    i believe it could happen ...engineered by the bush/laden cartel ...but no ...i don't believe it can work.
    most people didn't believe that invading iraq would work ...but the bushbots went and did it anyway.
    an american dictatorship may well be on the cards cos i don't believe for a moment bush and his kind believe in democracy anymore ...it's getting in the way of 'the american century'.
  • Options
    I am fairly confident that there would be international uproar. Europe and the UK would protest strongly and then break of diplomatic relations. As would Canada, Australia, Russia, Japan and any number of smaller nations. The international economy would spiral out of control, many small nations who's own economy rely on the dollar would have recessions. The states would have to be in a condition of martial law.

Are they really THAT stupid?! Bush may well be, but I'd hope that the rest of the administration aren't. :eek2:
  • Options

Are they really THAT stupid?! Bush may well be, but I'd hope that the rest of the administration aren't. :eek2:

they mite be, remember, they are neo-con christains on a mission, God help us....
  • Options
    the government officals of the US are making it look like everyone is behind them in all of thier fucked up schemes. this is NOT true! please don't believe it. we aren't all assholes. really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wickedXmad
    the government officals of the US are making it look like everyone is behind them in all of thier fucked up schemes. this is NOT true! please don't believe it. we aren't all assholes. really.

I sincerely hope you aren't all behind him. He's a threat to the world safety: and I honestly believe that