Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bikini wax

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know these questions have probably been asked loads of times before but i really cant find them and i am in a hurry so im really sorry!
Just wanted to ask - how long does the hair (that you want to wax) need to be?
Also, are any adverse reations ever experienced?? Because im doing it for a special eve with my boyfriend and the last thing i want is for it to be screwed up!
thanks to all that help me xx

Comments

• Options
    It dont have to be to long, just trimmed so it dont hirt as much.
    dont get it dont on the day of your thing cos it'll be red.
    the only reaction thats ever happened to me is ingrown hair stops but they can be fixxed with tweezers
  • Options
    K, first of all....

avoid waxing at all just before or during your period. you are alot more sensitive to pain at the time.

dont shave at least 2 weeks before waxing. The hair needs to be at least 1/4 inch long.

Exfoliate between waxings to slough off dead skin which clogs your pores. Use a natural bristle brush.

if you get ingrown hairs after waxing, swab it with alcohol to prevent infection and those damn red bumps.

before you wax, dusst your skin with baby powder, it helps the wax adhere to your skin better.

after you have waxed, calm the redness down with bottled or fresh lime juice.

Tea tree oil (which I swear by) is amazing with any raw looking areas.

avoid any creams or lotions before you wax or the wax wont stick.

oh and also, if you ever go to a salon to get the waxing done, try to find one that uses a natural French low temperature wax. It will be less painful. Ask for a wax containing azulene.

Sorry if I mispelled alot, I hope I was in time to help ya :thumb:
  • Options
    thank you! yeah im having it done tommorow. im really scared :(
  • Options
    i hate the in-between times for waxing!! i hate having hair down there all together but you shouldn't really shave because you get those bloody wee bumps n they're so painful :(
    another thing, if you're really worried about the pain then take a painkiller or something half an hour before your appointment..dont worry though, you'll be shweeeet ;)
  • Options
    i hate when its short+gets really itchy