Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Speaking of bollock problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Speaking of bollock problems, didn't want to hi-jack the other thread.

My right nut has been killing me for the past 3/4 months.. It's OK at the moment but it seems really vunerable lol..

If it gets knocked or I sleep on it funny (haha) then it stays mega tender for days or more..

I can't really be arsed with the doctors because whenever I go to go the pain isn't there..

Anyone had anything similar? It's quite worrying :(

Also that lump in my neck didn't go even though the doctor said it would go in 2 weeks (about 3 months ago) :(

Comments

• Options
    You don't wanna leave ANYTHING like that because if that lump grows and hurts it could be a very bad sign. Same for the nads thing, you gottas get it checked out. Maybe you have an STD??
  • Options
    I never read about an STD making one of my bollocks tender?

I think it all came from having it hit/kicked a bit too much a few months ago lol..

Maybe something is torn, but wtf do I say to the doctor "OH yeah my nad is playing up"

I can't show them where etc, I'll feel so stupid, normally I don't get like this but I'm kind of thinking it's nothing ya know..

The lump did grow huge and hurt but it shrank back down but it still stayed

:(
  • Options
    Ok but you really don't wanna leave it. Your GP would of had his hand in places a far lot worse than your nads. All you gotta say is my testicle has been really sore and hurting for a couple of months and he'll just have a look, ask you a few questions. And you don't have to be embarest about it coz you prolly won't see hime for the next 6 months any way.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Don't be so fucking stupid.

For a part of your body that most people are more than protective of, you don't really seem to care about your testicles much.

Testicular cancer is the most common cancer young men get. Symptoms include
    • a pulling sensation or feeling of unusual heaviness in the scrotum
    • a dull ache in the groin or lower abdomen
    • pain or discomfort (which may come or go in the testicle or scrotum
    • tenderness or enlargement of tissue in the breast area
    • a sudden collection of fluid in the scrotum

I'm not trying to scare you, but you can't just shrug problems in this area off as being insignificant. Testicular cancer is one of the most easily treated cancers - look at Lance Armstrong - but if it's left then it can become dangerous very quickly.

Go and see your GP. Now.

:yes:

If it is testicular cancer, which it may or may not be, then you need to get it checked out straight away, because if it's not caught early it can spread, and eventually kill you. Maybe I'm making it sound worse than it could be, but I cannot stress enough, you have to see your doctor straight away.
  • Options
    Your doctor won't think you are stupid, just explain what you have to us. Go get it checked out.
  • Options
    Oh, grow up. It's only a bit of skin.

Sure, it's not the most thing to have a doctor feeling up your tackle, but it's important. VERY important- testicular cancer, anyone?

Just go and tell him what's up, I had a cyst in my penis a little bit ago and it's nothing. After all, it's not like the doctor doesn't have one, or has never seen one.
  • Options
    OK thanks guys/gals.

Will go get an appointment this week.

Next big question, should I ask for a male or female doctor!!!!?

Phil
  • Options
    Male doctor because he will know a bit more a bit your situation. Don't wanna get a lob on while the fem doc has got your nads in hand.
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    Next big question, should I ask for a male or female doctor!!!!?

I would ask for a male GP. Some female GPs won't examine male patients without a chaperone in case of complaint of wrong doing. Strangely male GPs aren't allowed to examine female patients in an intimate manner without a chaperone. Double standards me thinks!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Strangely male GPs aren't allowed to examine female patients in an intimate manner without a chaperone. Double standards me thinks!

I assume you mean are:)

And maybe if they did have chaperones there wouldn't be so many cases of indecent assault:|
  • Options
    info

Hi, sounds like you're dealing with the problem but I thought as there had been a couple of threads discussing testicles and the like I'd put this link up. It is a good basic information sheet and might be useful for people browsing the topic. It should be said however, all the replies are right, the best action is always to go to the doctor if you are worried or a problem persists.
    testicle problems
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I assume you mean are:)

And maybe if they did have chaperones there wouldn't be so many cases of indecent assault:|

No, I meant what I said. Female GPs can examine male patients without a chaperone but male GPs cannot examine female patients without one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    No, I meant what I said. Female GPs can examine male patients without a chaperone but male GPs cannot examine female patients without one.

Just the way you worded it...my bad :blush:

Makes sense though, it is harder to indecently assault a man. And women are far less likely to.

Bizarre.
  • Options
    Umm yeah, get thee to a doctors immediately - and in terms of asking for a doctor - try to go to one that you feel comfortable with. Don't forget they do this everyday - it's as natural to them as sending an email is to an office worker!
    It could be something really minor but the longer you leave it the more it will play on your mind.
    This Q&A may also be of help.
    :)