Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need to get away

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't sure where to put this, as it has a lot of factors involved, but seeing as the overall thing is to do with my mental health, I thought I'd post it here.

Since I have been over my depression I haven't looked back, i have matured and I have become a lot more independant. However I am having less and less options at every turn with the counsil, I've been trying to move for months and they won't move me even though I've been broken into three times. People I don't know were knocking on my door yesterday, which worries me as they knew my name.

I'm also tired of living where I am, I need a break from this shit town with all the horrible people and everything.

I think I need to get away. I'm getting more and more stressed every day. I wouldn't say I've been depressed yet, but I fear that if things continue to go downhill I will become depressed again. I know I can deal with it this time, but I still don't want it to happen. I think I need a break, but I have no money so I can't just up and go. I have been seriously considering going to america for a few months to see my friends who has recently moved there when I turn 18, as it's when I turn 18 that I will have a thousand or so pounds unlocked to me for my use.

My psariasis is also coming back, and I know if it comes back properly I will start to become a recluse again, because it really annoys me when all my friends notice it. I know they're just concerned, but it shows how obvious it is and how horrible it looks when it does flare up. I'm not entirely sure what replies I want from this thread, but I guess I could just do with some advice to help me with my situation.

Comments

• Options
    Apparently I'm going to have to look after my dog again as well. This would not be a problem, only my flat isn't safe, and if I do have to look after her I will have to go back to my flat and so will she. I don't get why everything seems to be going wrong.

Why is it everything goes right for a few months, then everything goes to shit, then eventually everything goes right for a few months again, and everything collapses. I don't understand what I am doing that's so wrong to deserve the situation I'm in. It's stressing me to the point where my psariasis is getting a lot stronger now, and I'm not even hot and I'm sweating, and I'm just really blagged I guess. I'm gonna go to bed now anyway, because sleep tends to make things seem a little easier to manage.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm reverting back to the attention seeking, immature person I used to be. I promise that will not happen, I guess I'm just venting my steam a little.
  • Options
    any way of getting some kind of away work with digs?
    just a bum job in a hotel kitchen will give you a new place for a while ...new faces ...some wages and free grub.
    i had a mate about ten years ago who ended up washing pots and mopping floors in the lake district ...best move he ever made.
    the few months planned turned into a couple of years.
    he came back all new and refreshed.
  • Options
    what's digs? If I were to get "away work", it'd be out of the UK, not in the UK. I really can't stand the place anymore, I want a change of scenery, like I said, maybe not forever, I do't know, one month, maybe three, maybe six, maybe a year but I just don't want to be in Wrexham anymore.
  • Options
    Hiya
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling low - it's horrible when outside factors like housing bring you down. It sounds like you need to do something proactive about your life to make you feel a) more positive and b) more confident again. There are loads of ways of making a change - volunteering, travelling, new job etc - it's just a case of putting your mind to it. It soujds like you've decided to go abroad which will be a really positive move - check out our travel section which has features on saving and planning.

Gapyear.com is also an amazing place to start - it's packed with ideas and placements for gap years abroad.

Vacation work publications publish loads of useful books about living and working abroad and have one on summer jobs in the USA and internships USA that should help you a lot.

Hope some of this helps - good luck and let us know what you decide.
    :)