Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

holland complaining of muslims....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my friend was telling me about this...

apparantly in holland, the home of tolerance of all things, a signifigant amount of people are getting fed up of muslim imams and followers who move over there and then complain about how immoral it is over there, they aint fed up of regular ones who just practice it themselves and get on with life leaving it to others, but theyre fed up of a signiifigant minority of muslims who go over there, and then complain about a apparant lack of morals

my question:
surely they shouldn't move there as EVERYONE knows how 'liberal' the dutch are and so shouldnt complain one bit!

i just find it amazing the dutch are getting fed up of being criticised by a minority of a religion being the tolerant nation they are, and they arent even hating the religion, just the few people who go there and whinge

Comments

• Options
    and just to clarify im not on about ALL muslims luke

like any persons they should accept the laws and customs of the land ie alcohol might be legal here, you dont have to drink it though do you!

as the saying goes (i think) - 'in rome, when in doubt do as the romans do''
  • Options
    Perhaps if the Dutch didnt let Muslims migrate into their country in the first place without assimilation they wouldnt have a problem?
  • Options
    We forget that their way of life must be a lot different to what we are used to, but I agree with you completely - they should accept other peoples way of lives: as we have to accept theres! (accept it by force sometimes:crazyeyes )
  • Options
    I wonder if Brits on holiday will integrate into the local culture. Or do they just do what they would do at home; eat fish and chips and drink cheap lager? How many British expats in Spain speak Spanish?

What about all the Brits and Americans who build their own schools abroad? They’re integrating into the local culture aren’t they?

I don’t know if there is any justification for this post but I think it’s a bit rich for us to complain at immigrants to our country judging on our behaviour abroad
  • Options
    "I don’t know if there is any justification for this post but I think it’s a bit rich for us to complain at immigrants to our country judging on our behaviour abroad"

I agree 100%. I was on holiday with my family in France and all they wanted to eat was Mc Donalds like the fat Brits they are. I on the other hand had brushed up on my French and truly made an attempt to enjoy France's culture.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocksteady
    I agree 100%. I was on holiday with my family in France and all they wanted to eat was Mc Donalds like the fat Brits they are. I on the other hand had brushed up on my French and truly made an attempt to enjoy France's culture.

It's not just on holiday, and to be honest this post wasn't about people on holiday in Holland either.

What you really need to look at is how ex-pats behave when they move abroad and I think that you will find that everyone complains about their new country too...
  • Options
    theres a difference between typical whinging and literally praying for a revolution cause where youve moved isnt good enough for you, well isn't facist enough is a better term, like i say they're only complaining about a minority of muslims, as most just get on with their life, its the ones who go there and despice their tolerant way of life, to try and change what really isnt their
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    theres a difference between typical whinging and literally praying for a revolution cause where youve moved isnt good enough for you, well isn't facist enough is a better term, like i say they're only complaining about a minority of muslims, as most just get on with their life, its the ones who go there and despice their tolerant way of life, to try and change what really isnt their

But again, you will find this sort of thing in all ex-pat communities, and always as a small proportion.

I think it's unfair to single this group out because they happen to be muslim.
  • Options
    im not singling them out, from my friends in holland, theyre the country singling them out as everyone else who emmigrates to holland puts up with its tolerant open minded yet old fashioned society (thats the best way of desribing their overall political stance) but then a MINORITY of muslims complain about it, and are very vocal about it...

im not saying all muslim jsut a minority

and i think the dutch are right to be finding a way to stop these nutters emmigrating there without disturbing the rest of the muslim community
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    im not singling them out

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you personally. Just a sense that because the protagonists are "Muslim" it becomes an issue.
    everyone else who emmigrates to holland puts up with its tolerant open minded yet old fashioned society (thats the best way of desribing their overall political stance) but then a MINORITY of muslims complain about it, and are very vocal about it...

You see, I'm not sure that is exactly true either. I just think that the focus has changed. Preiously the vocal complaints in Holland were from other etnic minorities from their historic colonies.

In the past some footballers (Davids, Gullit and Rikjard) have commented about the levels of racism etc in Holland. The difference now is that the complaints are based on religious beliefs and, for most country this is one of the joys about immigration. Rather than complain that this minority is being vocal, they should revel in it. It shows that they truly are a tolerant free (ish) society. Ultimately though the majority will previal.
  • Options
    yeh knowing the dutch though, theyll probably put up with it, like they put up with all the things that they allow there :p