Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dirty Dancing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, big night out planned for me and my boyfriend this saturday night, but there's one thing that's really scaring me - dancing infront of him. We're going to a club, where everyone will be dancing, but i think im gonna be so embaressed. i wana be able to have a laugh with him, and i know il have had a few drinks, so il be relaxed, i just dont want to look like an idiot :blush:
I know this is a hard thing to give advice on, but can anyone give me any moves, or hints on what to do and how to act :confused:
Id like to dance in a dirty kinda way, when certain songs come on, but not sure how (ive never done this b4, and ive never been a big dancing person)
Please help, cos i dont wana look like a prat :(
SBG

Comments

• Options
    this is probably a bit late, but on www.mypole.co.uk you can get a lapdancing video. i bought this and used some of the moves (the tamer ones) when i went out with my boy (and i was shitting it too, which was so silly, considering it was only dancing in a club. but i know how you feel). they were really good and he definetely seemed to like them, and it demanded the attention of a few onlookers. sorry no more advice, but that video is v. good
  • Options
    thanx for the reply, its too late to order to video, but im looking at the site as i speak!
    I know im being daft, bcos everyone there will be dancing, but when me and my mates go we always have to laugh at all the people who dance in the stupidest ways - but think they're the dog's bollox, i dont want to be one of them :(
  • Options
    have you practised infront of the mirror to the type of music they are going to play? i had to do this at least a month before we went i think, and i was still nervous on the night. it gave me time to develope my moves, or at least find out whether they were remotely acceptable. maybe do a search of lap dancing moves? or dirty dancing?
  • Options
    Just have fun, you don't have to dance much.

If it's like most clubs just do tongue dancing instead...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Just have fun, you don't have to dance much.

If it's like most clubs just do tongue dancing instead...

Me!! do that?? never :flirt: :lol::naughty:
  • Options
    Just go with the flow, and er, move to the music. Lol sounds funny saying that. Ive never been taught how to "dirty dance" and ive always been ok, just practice i guess. :)
  • Options
    Zackly.

Just grind yourself into him and I doubt he'll be complaining too much:)
  • Options
    ok, i feel a bit better now! and i spose i can just blame it on the booze if i do make an idiot of myself, he he!! thanx peeps :thumb:
  • Options
    Download "Lapdance" video by N.E.R.D ;p..or come to think of it, any rapper video with women scantily clad in them. :p

Hrm, watch Christina Aguilera's "Dirrty" several times, you get the idea.

Haha, I remember when my Mum asked if I danced like that..:blush: "Of course not!"

Har.
  • Options
    Just wiggle your arse a bit, you'll be right. :thumb:
  • Options
    As everyone had already pointed out, just get a few drinks in ya... seductively move your hips with his and just go with the flow. Don't worry bout what other people think.... everyone will be too hammered to care. Just let your down and go with the flow... so long as you flirt and tease your guy, he won't care what you do. Just have fun --- :)
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel! When I went to my prom the other week with my ex, I was so scared about dancing because simply...I can't do it! I've never been a dancing person, but this time I knew I had to make an effort....
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Wrap arms around his neck. put your hips against his and as the music play rotate your hips against his pelvic area.

....and that is exactly what I did! It went down pretty well with my ex, who then told me not to move away till he told me to! ;):D
  • Options
    Don't worry what you look like, just dance. As you said, you can blame it on the booze if necessary - just make sure that you're not really drunk, so that you have some control. A drink, or two (but no more) will help with inhibitions, but don't get drunk.
    Once you've been dancing for a while, you'll soon get with it. Watch what other people are doing (you've done this anyway), and try it.
    In the meantime, practice at home. You can just draw the curtains, and let yourself go.