Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends with exes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, this girl ive recently started to go out with seems to have a lot of guy mates, fair enough, some girls do, but a lot of these friends are either people she's been out with in the past or people shes done things with..

I have a problem with this bt dont really want it to be an issue and i want to be able to trust her..would anyone else have a problem with this or should i just accept that these people are her past and be happy that im with her now?

Comments

• Options
    its understandable that this worries you abit, but try not to let it play on your mind unless you have reasons to worry about it, otherwise it could become a big problem!
    You will be able to trust her, but you have to earn a person's trust and this doesnt often happen overnight, and you have only just begun seeing her!
    try to accept that she's with you know, but maybe you could let her knoe about your feelings. Dont say you have a problem with her being friends with these people, just that you are worried about how you feel about it - im sure she'll understand and reassure you :thumb: good luck
    SBG
  • Options
    Re: Friends with exes?
    Originally posted by icey
    Ok, this girl ive recently started to go out with seems to have a lot of guy mates, fair enough, some girls do, but a lot of these friends are either people she's been out with in the past or people shes done things with..

I have a problem with this bt dont really want it to be an issue and i want to be able to trust her..would anyone else have a problem with this or should i just accept that these people are her past and be happy that im with her now?

I'm a girl with a lot of boy friends, and like your girlfriend some are ex's or people or people I've done things with. But its all in the past and its healthy they can get over this and be friends.

You shouldn't let this get in the way of your relationship though, would you expect ehr to have a problem if you had girl friends? Just remember its you she is with now, these people are friends and friends only, don't feel threatened and whatever you do, do not make her choose between you and her friends.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Friends with exes?
    Originally posted by wee_laura
    and whatever you do, do not make her choose between you and her friends.

Good point :yes:, never ever ask a girl to choose between a friend and a guy, bcos friends will win 9 times out of 10