Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

teeth issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been wondering about this for a while.

you see/hear about the state of kids teeth all the time these days. i know in a fair few cases its because of bad consumption habits, ie. loads of fizzy drinks.

has anyone ever thought that perhaps toothpaste isnt good enough? i mean, who invented toothpaste, what happened beforehand and why do we take it for granted that using it will keep our teeth nice and pearly white? i cant see Coke etc. being the sole reason why kids have gum disease and fillings left right and centre.

just a thought...

Comments

• Options
    I think you'll find that before toothpaste etc people's teeth rotted in their head and fell out. Most elderly people have dentures dontcha know!
  • Options
    That's what flossing, daily flouride drops and mouthwash is for!!! :thumb:

just brushing alone, doesn't do much good
  • Options
    I don't floss coz I find it too hard with my brace but I brush and use mouthwash.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I don't floss coz I find it too hard with my brace but I brush and use mouthwash.

I think there is a certain kind of flossing tool that you can use that is specifically made for people who have braces. Ask your orthodontist at the next check up you go to about one. :thumb:

there are also some foods that stain your teeth (like coffee, tea, red wine, etc.) and there are other foods that work on your teeth like detergents. Foods that require you a lot of chewing like apples, celery, and carrots withen teeth naturally.

and foods like spinach, lettuce, and brocoli prevent staining by creating a flim on the teeth that acts as a barrier.

(im sure you already do this but just in case you dont) Always brush your tongue when you are brushing your tongue. Your tongue harbors germs and cateria that can cause bad breath. Just brush your tongue with your regular toothbrush and forget the overpriced tongue scrapers.

oh and when you go to the dentist or orthodontist, make sure you apply a liberal amount of lip balm to your lips. Do this before you go so your lips won't crack when they are stretched out)
  • Options
    oh and when you go to the dentist or orthodontist, make sure you apply a liberal amount of lip balm to your lips. Do this before you go so your lips won't crack when they are stretched out) [/B][/QUOTE]

Awww...you're like an expert...bless! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    oh and when you go to the dentist or orthodontist, make sure you apply a liberal amount of lip balm to your lips. Do this before you go so your lips won't crack when they are stretched out)

Awww...you're like an expert...bless! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Nah, it's just happened to me many times. my poor lips :(
  • Options
    Yeah, i've got a special flossing tool for braces from my orthodontist, and its really good. I also use mouthwash aswell. :D