Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Something wrong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would like to ask a question here as it will be difficult to visit a GP.

It is not very good neither.

After 2 days of making love (with gaps), then 2 days later the bottom of my shaft was really sore and seemed swelled. There was nothing at all unusual with the sex and she was clean.

Now the swelling has gone down and there is no pain but a bit of a lump that remains...I hope that it will go.

Has anybody else suffered this? I know a trip to the docs is the answer but I am away from home right now and I do not think they will take me in E.R.

Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    did you wear any protection?
  • Options
    That is a critical point I forgot to say.

I did...

A friend of mine says it could just be a sist? as he had something similar under his t's.
  • Options
    fpa

The link below has a helpline that offers advice about sexual health so if you are unable to get to a doctors you could try them but make sure if the lump remains you definately go to a clinic or doctors.

the helpline number is in the section 'all about fpa' then contacting us. It is open mon-fri 9am to 6pm

helpline
  • Options
    Re: Something wrong
    Originally posted by young-blood
    I would like to ask a question here as it will be difficult to visit a GP.

It is not very good neither.

After 2 days of making love (with gaps), then 2 days later the bottom of my shaft was really sore and seemed swelled. There was nothing at all unusual with the sex and she was clean.

Now the swelling has gone down and there is no pain but a bit of a lump that remains...I hope that it will go.

Has anybody else suffered this? I know a trip to the docs is the answer but I am away from home right now and I do not think they will take me in E.R.

Thankyou

E.R? Too many US shows for you young man! That's quite enough!

You could try ringing your GP to make an appointment and if the swelling is gone you can cancel the appointment. Do not be embarrassed to tell them anything at all, they've heard it 100s of times before and much worse besides!
  • Options
    Oh for god's sake just go to the doctors. Whether it's embarassment, pride or just the fear that you're time wasting that's stopping you going, just push it aside and make an appointment.

As has already been said, much worse is seen daily and it's not as if doctors and nurses turn round and discuss it for hours afterwards, it's the job.

Don't mean to be bossy, but your health is too important to not bother. A quick doctor's appointment will show you that it's nothing, put your mind and ease and most importantly, ease the discomfort. Otherwise, you're going to have ongoing discomfort, a weight on your mind, and (god forbid) the risk of it being something serious. Someone already said, if it clears up before you're due to go in, you can cancel.
  • Options
    As far as I am aware you can see another GP in an emergency. And anyway, most FPCs have drop-in clinics, you could go to one there.

It does sound like a cyst, I've had one before, but it is very important you see a doctor. It could be cancer.
  • Options
    As the others have said, you really need to get this checked out rather than hoping it will be OK. You should be able to make an emergency appointment with another GP - call NHS dIrect to find out. The other numbers below will also help you:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
    www.brook.org.uk

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

:)