Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Adoption question...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just read that a baby cannot be given up for adoption before it is 6 weeks old, has it always been like this? just an ex of mine told me that his ex and him gave their baby up for adoption after two weeks....is it likely he lied?

Comments

• Options
    I got to have my baby for about a week after I had her so I could see how hard it really is. Then I placed her after. The adoption isnt final til 6 months after but the family is still watched.
  • Options
    Re: Adoption question...
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    Ive just read that a baby cannot be given up for adoption before it is 6 weeks old, has it always been like this? just an ex of mine told me that his ex and him gave their baby up for adoption after two weeks....is it likely he lied?
    they may well have made the first steps then ...
    then again ...if there were serious problems and few or no alternatives ...
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya **Cinderella**,
    The information in this article will help to shed some light for you.

CB
  • Options
    you can give the baby up straight away I think, but it wont get adopted straight away. It will be in a foster home first.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    you can give the baby up straight away I think, but it wont get adopted straight away.

:yes: according to the article that CB posted up it is 3 months before the adoption is completed.