Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pores

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have any tips for clear skin? Know of any products that work! Also I was wondering if anybody knew what is good for tightening pores. On my nose they could do with a bit of that.

Comments

• Options
    Neutrogena do a lot of stuff like that. The only thing I can suggest would be for you to go into a shop/clinic such as boots and ask the workers there. They'll sort you out.

For clear skin?... Drink plenty of water, don't paddle yourself in make-up (especially not oil-based) and if you do get a spot don't pick at it. Face-masks are meant to be good occasionally. You can buy them from shops or make your own. Also washing with an exfoliant can help get rid of all the crap on the surface of your skin and leave it feeling fresh.
  • Options
    I use a Garnier face wash, it comes in a blue bottle and is very good. They sell it in Tesco for about £2.50.

Hints for good, clear skin and no spots:
    Drink lots of water.
    Gets lots of sleep.
    Avoid lots of fatty foods.
    Remove all make-up before going to bed, and remove it properly.
  • Options
    Cut half of a cucumber into slices and soak them in a cup of rose water and one teaspoon of witch hazel. Refrigerate it, then slide it over your skin after you have cleansed your skin. It reduces the appearance of pores and tightens your skin. You can keep refrigerating it and using it for up to one week.

Alpha hydroxy acids also unclogs pores and helps control oil. Mix a packet of raw sugar with enough lemon to create a spreadable consistency. Rub into your chin and nose area, and wherever your large pores tend to settle. Then rinse that with warm water. Raw sugar is a natural glycolic acid that loosens dirt and gets rid of dead skin. If you ever use the pore cleaning strips, those are only temporarily to make your pores appear smaller but they aren't a good treatment to use often.

or a really fast way if you dont have much time is to make a paste from a packet of yeast moistened with just enough lemon juice to make it into a paste-like.

and for clear skin, the main things that I use are calamine lotion, eye redness reliver, tea tree oil, toothpaste, saliva and salt.

I use calamine lotion when my pimples are rash-like, and i just apply it and let it dry overnight.

Eye redness reliver along with getting the red out of your eye, helps eliminate the redness from your pimple. but it won't take the pimple away, just make it less visible.

Tea tree oil is the best antiseptic for dealing with pimples. so drop a bit of it on a cotton swab and hold it on the pimple for a minute or two.

Toothpaste (not the gel kind) works good with pimples when you dab a bit on your pimple and leave it on overnight and wash it off.

Saliva is a powerful antiseptic so all you have to do is spit on your finger and applt it to the zit.

and with salt, combine 1/4 teaspoon table salt with one cup of lukewarm water. dip a piece of guaze into the mixture and then lightly press it against the blemish for one minute. the salt solution helps bring the swelling and it eliminates the redness.

Also, a really good complexion renewer remedy is to warm up 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk in the microwave for thirty seconds. then stir in two teaspoons of honey. Massage that into your skin and leave it on for about 10 minutes. rinse it off with warm water. the coconut milk contains lactic acid while the honey hydrates your skin.

although you might not think these affect your skin, they do, dramatically. so please avoid smoking, alcohol, sun, extreme dieting, drugs, the telephone, facial exercises, vitamin A, and ice cubes on your face. if you'd like to hear why they are bad for your skin, pm me. so I don't make the worlds longest post. :lol:

always bring sunscreen with you (make sure it's etleast a 45 spf)

if you want some more remedies, pm me and I'll help ya out. ;)
  • Options
    St Ives, apricot face wash. Its in a white bottle and its for uncloging pores and preventing spots. Ive used it for years now, and i tend to have the most trouble with my nose getting blackheads etc, and it works really really well. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    has anybody else noticed that she ^ always has the best advice on like... everything!?

Doesnt she just! :)
  • Options
    has anybody else noticed that she ^ always has the best advice on like... everything!? you are truely a goddess :yes:

*slurp*
  • Options
    has anybody else noticed that she ^ always has the best advice on like... everything!? you are truely a goddess :yes:

When we have family parties, that's what everyone talks about... natural remedies. I guess it's paying off for listening to "the talks." Thanks :) glad I could be of some assistance
  • Options
    does tea tree oil work on oily skins-i have a bottle but have only used it once (on a verruca!!!) but I see and hear about it in skin-i get spots and blackheads but yep-the large pores too. Can tea tree oil be applied straight to the skin or will this burn the skin?
  • Options
    Tea tree can be applied straight to the skin. It is very rich in its smell and causes skin (and also nose/eyes etc) to tingle which gives the impression that it burns, but it's fine.

It can be used to "heal and normalize pores", it can be used on any skin types and is effective when mixed with shampoo/soaps etc.
  • Options
    I would just apply it by dropping a bit on a cotton swab and hold it on the pimple for a minute or two. It's on eof the best antiseptics for dealing with pimples :thumb:
  • Options
    Re: Pores
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Does anyone have any tips for clear skin? Know of any products that work! Also I was wondering if anybody knew what is good for tightening pores. On my nose they could do with a bit of that.

Good night's sleep

Zinc