Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moisturiser (sp)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started using moisturiser on my face recently cos its getting slightly dry and a scar is forming from something and i dont want it too. Anyway, im using the oil of olay thing (if thas wot is called) and its bringing me out in spots! Can anyone reccomend a good moisturiser that wont bring spots up, thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    'Simple' moisturiser. I personally wouldn't recommend Oil of Olay for young skin as it is designed for people with wrinkles, hehe!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    'Simple' moisturiser. I personally wouldn't recommend Oil of Olay for young skin as it is designed for people with wrinkles, hehe!

Lol i nicked it off my mum :p
  • Options
    aloe vera gel acts as a good moisturiser and helps get rid of blemishes at the same time.
  • Options
    I use the "Activ Futur" from Loreal, it is quite good!
  • Options
    I use niva (sp) find that good.
  • Options
    Boots own fragrance free range - i seem to be sensitive to everything else!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004

do you use cleansing wipes and toner?

Cleansing wipes to take makeup off, dont use them everyday only when ive got make up.
  • Options
    i use vaseline sensitive one, in a big bottle and leaves my skin really smooth

i found oil of olay really good for me tho :chin:

use the wipes everyday even when you dont have make up on to remove grease and that :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

i found oil of olay really good for me tho :chin:

It would be alrite, if it didnt cause spots :(
  • Options
    Nivea :yes:

I also can recommend the Simple stuff that has already been mentioned.
  • Options
    I've used moisturiser since I was around 10, so I know pretty much what's good n bad.

I'd recommend Clinique - very expensive, but really works. I'd also recommed Pond's moisturisers, they are lovely, rather perfumed but it works. I love Oil of Olay's Regenerist line - the serum is a lovely alternative to thick night cream - it isn't greasy and it hides any signs of dryness - it's a good one for using underneath foundation.

I've never got spots from using moisturiser - so something tells me, you're not washing it off properly the day after. Some moisturisers can be ever so greasy - so take care to really clean your face before you re-apply the next day/night.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I use Roc Hydra+ SPF. It goes on nicely (I used to be a devout Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion fan) and it also offers UBA *and* UVA protection :)
  • Options
    Not a specific brand, but try an oil and fragrence free moisturizer. I am always using a different brand and if they are both free of those they never cause any problems.
  • Options
    Nivea :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    'Simple' moisturiser.

I use that, but only the girls version because I don't like the smell of the blokes stuff.
  • Options
    I use Johnsons PH something or other.

Edited to say, it's actually Johnsons cleansing lotion 3 in 1 that I use.
  • Options
    I use Clinique, it's fab :thumb:

You could try using something with tea tree oil in it, 'cause thats a naturual antiseptic and it works wonders on spots and such.
  • Options
    i use the garnier pure A stuff too. it's the only thing my skin will tolerate without breaking out in a weird rash. it's fussy.
  • Options
    Nivea oilfree one-is great as it doesn't make my greasey skin too oily! I have got cliniques version but don't use it daily as its so expensive!! I rate nivea highky as skincare experts-for my skin anyway.
This discussion has been closed.