Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

anyone know about the ISIC card?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i've been seeing if there is any kind of card i can get to prove my age....i can't get a student card as i'm not a full timer, but i can get the under 26's ISIC card....is it worth it and anyone know how much it costs and how long it takes to go through or does anyone have one????
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    costs £7 according to the website
  • Options
    Don't know much about them but I know you get 10% or something off at Macdonalds.
    Not sure if it would work to prove your age very well...it's not that well-known, depends what you want to prove your age for though.
    You can get discounts abroad with it as well which is pretty good.
  • Options
    I got one just the other day actually. You have to be a student (obviously) and all you need do is go to a travel agent (STA Travel will give you one) and hand them a photo and 7 quid and they'll give you your card on the spot.

I needed to get one to book a flight through STA Travel - they're a discounted travel agent aimed at students.

Also, according to the blurb you can get discounts abroad but I haven't tried that out yet - give me a few weeks!