Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Too much

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok im panickin about doing my A-Levels already and ive got two months yet!! :crazyeyes
Thing is, we can go back to school to do A-Levels on 6 C's, but if we get below a C in maths or English, have to do a re-sit course. I know for a fact im going to have do to a re-sit course in maths, as the highest i could get was a D.
Whats bothering me though is, im taking RE, Physcology, Health&Social Care and Sociology, thats 4 A-levels and one GCSE! Im gonna be fucked in my first year :crying: We have to take 4 A-levels aswell! Arghhh!!

Sorry needed to get it out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i wouldn't worry too much, my friend was in a similar position this year but he had maths and english to repeat, i genuinely think A-levels are way easier than they are made out to be if you know how to prepare well and just do the work.
  • Options
    Organisation is a wonderful thing.

It's not as much work as it seems. It is a lot of work, but then you have to decide whether you want to work hard and do well or do no work and end up stacking shelves in tesco for the rest of your life.
  • Options
    In my opinion that's too much. If you find maths hard work and need to pass it, you'll have to work hard. As you will in your other subjects. I've done my Maths GCSE 4 times, and the best I've got is a D (I've got E,E,D,D). I'll be doing it for a 5th time, and I'll probably end up carrying on until I get a C. It's not nice, and you want to be able to pass first time (believe me, you dont' want to be like me!). How about defer one of the A-levels until you're in your second year?
  • Options
    I know i can drop 1 A-level when i get to upper sixth. Im just worried its all gona be a lot, i know how stressed i get Lol. Hopefully il be ok *fingers crossed*
    Wow Lucy lol, thats a lot of times re-doing it, how old ru now?
  • Options
    Have you had a look at theSite's pages on

stress *TiNK*?

Good luck with your results and stuff, I've gotta take 4 subjects too.

Leely :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I know i can drop 1 A-level when i get to upper sixth. Im just worried its all gona be a lot, i know how stressed i get Lol. Hopefully il be ok *fingers crossed*
    Wow Lucy lol, thats a lot of times re-doing it, how old ru now?

I'm 19. From experience, knuckle down and get it passed. I find it very hard, and it's certainly no fun having to do it again and again.
  • Options
    Four A'Levels plus a GCSe ain't so bad really.

Did you only do Foundation Maths?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Four A'Levels plus a GCSe ain't so bad really.

:eek2:

It is in my books! And they're pretty hard subjects she's chosen.
  • Options
    If you want to do well you've got to put the hours in. That's life I'm afraid.

If you don't want to do well then don't put the hours in, but doing those things is not OTT, really.
  • Options
    Yeh I agree, if she wants to do it, then she'll have to be prepared to work hard and have lots of work to do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Did you only do Foundation Maths?

:yes: I am willing to work hard, as i know what i want to do, and i want to do it badly. So im going to try my hardest, and at the end of the day, if im struggeling, theres always people who are willing to help me. Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    i have to do 5 a-levels if i go to half of the colleges i got accepted to!
  • Options
    :o I hada re-sit my maths gcse like 3 times before I got my fucking C!
  • Options
    Wow i thought i had alot with just 4 A levels.... But aslong as you are a hard worker at it... it will all get done well. Good luck :):)
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    i have to do 5 a-levels if i go to half of the colleges i got accepted to!

General Studies doesn't count;)
  • Options
    my uncle is a physics proffesor and he did 8 seperate A-levels, now that is hard work