Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shaking

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
This has been going on for much time now, but rarely. Sometimes I start feeling a bit weird, like all my muscles are becoming almost powerless. I can't stand without my legs shaking, I try to pick up something and the heavier it is the more my arm shakes and stuff like that. It usually goes away a couple of minutes later, and without being sure I think that having something to eat helps some. What could it be?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it could be low sugar levels. i get that with my diabetes some times but its not just diabetics that than can experience low blood sugars.
    maybe you are just not eating enough throughout the day.
    go see your doc and get it checked.
  • Options
    I was afraid it's that, because eating something sweet helps more. But, well, they'd need to take blood to see that, right? I don't think I can do that...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    I was afraid it's that, because eating something sweet helps more. But, well, they'd need to take blood to see that, right? I don't think I can do that...

Veins of steel? or the old phobia of needles?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor

they can test for low blood sugars with a little finger prick test. i do them every day, its not sore, honest!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    they can test for low blood sugars with a little finger prick test. i do them every day, its not sore, honest!
    I hope I can find doctors who'll do that... and yes, it's the old needle thing, but if I understand exactly what this finger thing is I'll barely have time to think about it. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    honestly it takes literally seconds to do the whole process , dont worry just get to the docs :)
  • Options
    I'll see if I can go to a medical center tomorrow. Hopefully they can do that there.
    Last time someone tried to pierce me with a syringe, he had to chase me around the room and then pin me to the floor. Sure, I was 10, but I don't think it would be much different now. Except there won't be crying but swearing.