Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my state of mind-advice please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
please help me pople i need help,
sometims i think i am cracking up with the thoughts i am having. they started of when my mother and me had to look after a wee todler and i thought oh my god what if i was to lose my mind and kill this child. this was about 3 years ago. i have had onoing thoughs like this and also things like oh my god what if i was to ever turn out to be a child molester. i know that i will never but its the thought of it e.g if kids are on tv its like i cant watch incase i do. this gets me so upset at the thought of it as i would never hurt or touch a fly even. i have spoke to my mum, boyfriend and g.p they all saying that everyone has these thouhts but alot of people keep it to themselves as they are stupid thoughts. however the doctor says i may be anxious. this was about 2 years ago. she said silly thoughts like this will eventually not bother me as i grow up. she says it could also be down to growing up i am 17 and realising that everything in this world is not peachy and that there are things such as this going on in the world. i have my anxious spells,guess i must be going though one again. guess i posted this to calm me down a bit. i just want reasurance that other people do have fucked up thoughts.
please help. my boyfiend of 2 years is so helpful,he keeps my feet on the ground daily.
any advice fire my way xxx

Comments

• Options
    I can't say I have thoughts like that much but just as long as you don't carry out the thoughts, you are normal. :thumb: If you can't get the thoughts out of your head, then think of something else or sing a song outloud. That helps me when I'm trying to get something off my mind. Glad you're feeling a bit more calm now. Posting it does help. :yes:
  • Options
    i have strange thoughts too though not on the same wavelegnth. I'll be laying in bed and for no reason at all i will say inside my head i want to die but then another voice says i shouldnt think that
    so it becomes a kinda argument in my head. No thats not actually anything like what u have just described :/
  • Options
    Yeah i get stupid thoughts still now sometimes (although not the same as yours), normally when something is bothering me. I don't tell people my thoughts or even that i have any as i dont wanna be tarred as mad.

Anyway you arent alone. If you are really still concerned, you should see if theres anything else you doc can do or see another one.
  • Options
    it all just started that day we looked after that baby, maybe it was the responsibility of looking after it. my boyfriend always just tells me to laugh them off, they used to be really bad,couldnt watch certain films that contained violence incase i tuned in to one of them, now i can watch anything and laugh off the violence. one time i had invited my boyfriend up when we first stared going out 2 years ago. i had to hide the knives incase i went mental(supid thing was i still knew where i hid them) hey we are still together and nope he aint dead! shows me that they were just stupid little thoughts. i think every so often i just need sum reassurance and a cuddle. these thoughts do get me right down. but when am a real happy person am so happy.my mum laughs at me sumtime when i tell her these things as she knows am just a normal person. but its hard for me to accep it.
    cheers for the advice xxx
  • Options
    I force my thoughts away.
  • Options
    sometimes your mind can be to clever though and when you dont want to think things it makes it worse by thinking them even more, am sure when am a wee bit older i will just take a look at them and laugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by heartlessBYhim
    sometimes your mind can be to clever though and when you dont want to think things it makes it worse by thinking them even more, am sure when am a wee bit older i will just take a look at them and laugh.

I don't let them, i literally force the thoughts away by overpowering it by another thought. Works for me anyway.
  • Options
    hi
    I think it sounds like you have some good people to talk to! It's normal to worry about things you just have to make sure that doesn't take over. If you feel you are getting more anxious and losing perspective you could talk to someone who could help you work out how to deal with how you are feeling. I've attatched a link below for you to have a look at. Try to stop worrying and worrying about worrying (gosh this is getting confusing) and take a few deep breaths.

Luci

councelling