Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fake tan nightmare!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used the Garnier bronzing no steaks stuff last night, forgot all about it and went to bed. This morning I've got marks on my wrists where I must have washed my hands and so I'm tanned up until my hands start - eek! How can I deal with this little problem?? :S

Comments

• Options
    unless you wear gloves, i don't think there's much you can do. & you'd only look like more of a knob anyway.

always always mix self tan with some sort of moisturiser or body cream before applying it. then build up your tan gradually over the next few days depending on how dark you want to go. this way, if it goes wrong/streaks the first time, it won't be as visible.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Fake tan corrector wipes! I know you can get them from Boots but you can prob get them from Superdrug, Tescos etc.

Or leave toothpaste on the streaks- not as effective but still has a similar whitening effect.

Good luck! x
  • Options
    God, the other week I bought a tanning towel which was like £1.20. I'd never used anything like it before and I used it on my legs before I went to bed. It said it takes 3 hours to show up and meanwhile, I'd gone to bed. When I woke up, my God my legs. :o

There were bits missing and they were quite orange. :(

Anyway, I'd assumed it'd come off in the shower but it didn't. I'd been told babywipes would do the trick but they didn't really. I had 2 showers in total, and found that exfoliator worked quite well.
  • Options
    I just carefully applied some to the back of my hands avoiding all the areas that had already been done and it looks great now! I'm glad I used expensive stuff, it really is loads better. I actually borrowed it from my dad.... oh the shame!
  • Options
    Your Dad uses fake tan? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Your Dad uses fake tan? :p

Yes, yes he does. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yes, yes he does. :crazyeyes

Well it's better than him being as white as err, a white thing I guess.

He doesn't use sunbeds too, surely? :o:p
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    ^^Or, get it done professionally using 'St Tropez' it's fuckin awesome stuff and goes brown, not orange.

My mummy swears by it...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    Learn your lesson, dont use fake tan, you'll only look orange.

You don't always look orange!
  • Options
    I can't tan from the sun so fake tan is the only way for me to get brown and I've never made myself orange yet!
  • Options
    Rub toothpaste into the odd orange streaks :thumb:

It's not a matter of all self-tanners make you orange, it's a matter of if you know how to use them correctly. Working at a tanning salon, I also see groups of people who are orange and go fake baking and who tan in the sun. :yeees:
  • Options

But I don't look orange at all and the problem wasn't that I looked orange. My lesson would actually be to take more care when washing my palms afterwards surely? :eek2:

And no, my dad doesn't use sunbeds, that is why he uses the fake tan because he knows sunbeds are harmful.
  • Options
    Why does everyone still insist on saying this? COME TO TERMS WITH IT: MOST FAKE TANS, WHEN USED PROPERLY, DON'T LEAVE YOU ORANGE ANYMORE. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Why does everyone still insist on saying this? COME TO TERMS WITH IT: MOST FAKE TANS, WHEN USED PROPERLY, DON'T LEAVE YOU ORANGE ANYMORE. :|
    its stupid isnt it. I often use self tan and it never leaves me looking orange.
    I use the body shop one in `light/medium`
    it costs about a tenner for a huge tube, and its really good.
    Im careful when applying it though, and always apply heavy duty moisturiser to my knees first, then wash hands and arms thoroughly after ( I only use it on my legs) make sure its rubbed in really well, and dont get dressed or go to bed until its fully dry - i try not to even sit down for at least half an hour after applying.
  • Options
    I usually opt for the St Tropez airport thingy at a friends salon as i am such a fuckwit when it comes to applying the stuff myself. I end up with really funky striped feet :cool:

Unfortunately the last time i had the airport tan they somehow fucked it up and i developed a rather fetching green tinge to my skin which thankfully had disappeared in the morning and i'd stopped looking like one the walking dead. :lol: Won't let my mate near me now as her excuse was " well it's a vegetable dye it has a green tint to it".
  • Options
    I use ST Tropez stuff. I don't apply it myself tho, I get my mum to do it as she is a beaurician the proffessional way and it looks great. I only make it a light tan so if there is any problems it won't be too noticable and I am quite pale naturally so going too brown would just look stupid!
  • Options
    I know it doesn't always make you look orange... but I really don't see the point in it. It's obvious that it's fake, because you suddenly are darker, which to me is just...odd. I'd rather be pale than get a fake tan.

Arg it was quite bad at my may ball, so many people turned up looking like they'd been tangoed, or had suddenly become indians...

But that's just my decision, I ain't having a go at people who use it. I just don't understand the appeal.
  • Options
    I use an ambre solaire one thats really pale and suits my pale skin-if i wanna go darker then i do more applications daily til i get what i want.

I haven't done any fake tan at all this year-just been lazy I guess!