Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm being interviewed for National TV!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Woop woop! :crazyeyes

What a turn-out for events, I got phoned this afternoon about 4pm by Matt who runs AngelCare (http://www.angelcare.org.nz) & Stargate (http://www.dancepills.com) out here and asked if I wanted be interviewed by Flipside (which is like a news program aimed at the 15-30 age group) as a promoter/dj speaking out about the harm reduction and drug education that AngelCare do as an organisation in clubs and on the outside - I was prime choice because I recently promoted and used one of my events to raise $2000 for the charity, which in turn paid for 17 odd angels to have first aid courses for use at all auckland based events. :)

So tonight at 8pm (just under 2 hours) I've got to rack up to TVNZ for my interview, which will be getting broadcast on Wednesday at 5pm and 11:30pm on TV2. So now I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to say... eeek, what doesn't help is the fact that I had an extremely heavy weekend, I look like shite and I have these black bags under my eyes from lack of sleep over the weekend to then talk political about the importance of having a safe clubbing environment and the importants of drug education! So I've asked my make-up girl here (heh) to try and attempt to make me look half decent and not like a member of the Adams Family... :rolleyes:

Yay!! How Exciting!! :D

Comments

• Options
    Aww that's cool, hope it goes well :D
  • Options
    Well done :). You have done so well for yourself.
  • Options
    Wow..............brilliant news :D
  • Options
    Well that was fun, my linker is going to say "Justin Sane - Promoter/DJ" and they ask me a few questions about the importance of drug education and safety at events... I'm interviewed stood up with a weird UV plater thing behind me, looking all guchi and professional, aparently I sounded really professional and good!

So its going live to air on Wednesday, TV2 at 5pm across NZ, its the main feature article so I'll probably be on for about 1-2 minutes in-between some other interviewies. We'll probably get one of the guys to record it and MPEG it then I'll post the link up here so you can all watch... I just hope I come across as a positive influence for our scene! :)
  • Options
    you can see all the people in NZ now watching tv cant you.. 'who's that insane english kid on the tv luv'
    hehe

good on ya mr!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    We'll probably get one of the guys to record it and MPEG it then I'll post the link up here so you can all watch... I just hope I come across as a positive influence for our scene! :)

Dude MPEG is so 2001 ... DivX is the way to go :D
  • Options
    Looks like it won't be my last appearance now, they are all keen to get me as an industry spokesperson for some other issues that crop up, seeing as I work with Angelcare and am a DJ/Promoter over here... things are getting so hectic, I can't wait for the time when all this becomes permenant, I've literally got to the stage where my weekends are no longer time off, take July for example:

Justin Sane – DJ Bookings – July 2004

Fri 2nd July - Vicious Circle NZ Tour Feat, Glazby & Stevens (10pm-11:30pm) @ Cube
    Fri 2nd July – Fricken Prophecy (1am-2am) @ Galatos

/// Weekend Off ///

Fri 16th July – Battle Anyone - B2B Taz - (3am – 4.30am) @ Scorpio
    Sat 17th July – Chemistry Feat. Steve Hill (UK) - B2B Taz - (11am – 12am) @ The Regent, St. James

Sat 24th July – Hard As Nails (2am-4am) @ Cube

Fri 30th July – Big Club Night Out (3am-4am) @ Cube (2nd Room)
    Sat 31st July – Youth Club Drink Driving Campaign (7 - 9.30pm) @ RSA Hall, Helensville
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Dude MPEG is so 2001 ... DivX is the way to go :D
    I'll see what I can do, might try for a nice AVI or something and host it on my n2oevents.net domain so you can all see :p
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the guy from Blackpool? Well done Mr Credible ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    Whatever happened to the guy from Blackpool? Well done Mr Credible ;)

he flew away and became a star leaving me all alone :(
  • Options
    The article from the show will be available to watch online in AVI format shortly...

Click Here : Flipside - Angelcare Article

** Limited Time Download - http://www.chelfyn.com/files/angelcare.mov (7mb, Quicktime)

I only featured for about 10 seconds throughout the article (it was cut down heaps from the amount we actually said) but I get a nice name credit below my face, so thats all good!
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    There's nothing worse than overground underground music Imho!
    Those god-damn wombles... their influence gets everywhere!

I've also uploaded that Quicktime file to my own server, so you all get chance to download and watch for yourself:

http://www.n2oevents.net/angelcare.mov

;) :cool: :p