Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pros & cons, back to back pill taking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As per title, i wanna know how you all get on. Does it make your period worse when you do have a break ect?

Comments

• Options
    doesnt make it worse for me and ive taken it back to back for a year before
  • Options
    i take my pills in blocks of three at a time. this works out great for me, i bleed less often, so get less anaemic and stuff, and my bleeds are no worse than if i have one every month.

i'd take them all back-to-back if i could, but my doctor says any more than 3 at a time isn't good for you. not sure why.

but yeah, :thumb: all the way.
  • Options
    It is best not to take more than three in a row incase it has failed and you're pregnant perhaps?
  • Options
    Do doctors actually say its ok to do?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety

:yes: My doctor told me to do it, cos im having all the bleeding problems atm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety

Some do, some don't.

It's perfectly safe, and I know quite a few women doctors do it. The pill can be run together, apparently they only do it monthly so that "women feel more normal". As several mates have told me, screw "normal", they only want four periods a year:)
  • Options
    I honestly had no idea you could do this. I want 4 periods a year. Might have a chat with the doc next time I go :chin:
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Yeah I took my packets back to back while I was travelling and it worked out great. Doctor said it would be fine, he had absolutely no qualms about it.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of going on the pill..so keep any comments coming. (:
  • Options
    Just a question, its for a mate. If your on the mini-pill can you still do it? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Just a question, its for a mate. If your on the mini-pill can you still do it? :confused:

When i was on the mini pill i HAD to take them continuously. I think you do don't you? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004

Tweety, I know you're probably just looking for general feedback from everyone but if you're really concerned it would be best to talk it over with you're GP :)

Don't think i will bother doing anything for now, just wanted to know the pros & cons really for future reference.:)
  • Options
    when i do it i get sharp pains and very brief period pains on the week i should be having a period. which is slightly worrying. i never used to have this so i'm thinking i should change my pill.

my actual period is no more worse although i did get very sharp pains last time i did it just randomly throughout the day.