Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Prom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess this goes here..if not ..well oops.
My problem is this. In a few weeks is the year 13 prom. I'm a year 12 and had always thought i'd go. but now it's come to it and all my friends are going with their boyfriends or girlfriends and I wasn't going to go the full blown dress just a really nice top and trousers, coz a) i can't afford a new dress and b) i need to keep my arms covered but all my friends seem to have new dresses. and to add to this the only guy I would ask (a friend) i can't because a lot of my other friends have had problems with him and hate him. As in would possibly/probably kick him in. Should I go, should I ask him? Should I just pretend its not happening?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Re: Prom

I don't understand why you're going to the Y13 ball if you're not in Y13 but if you've been invited I think it'll be a good night. I know what you mean about dresses, but don't worry about what you're wearing just go to have a good time. I'm one of the few single girls in my friendship group but I'm going with my mates to have a good night and say goodbye.I'm looking forward to it. I do have to be careful about showing my arms but I have a shawl to go over my dress for when I'm in real light, in the disco it won't be a problem.

Go, and resolve to relax and have a good time. Who you're with and what you're wearing aren't the important things really.

Picc
    x
  • Options
    Yeh we're only coz because the yr 13s wanted us to. We get on very well with the year above so a lot of us are going. yeh i guess so i was just having a fit about it thanks for the advice:)